A Very Important Socialogiacal Concept Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Very Important Socialogiacal Concept Question

For millions of years, pooping has been a much more private thing than peeing.

Look at the public bathrooms at big venues. All the guys have to pee side-by-side at urinals, as long as you don't glance over to see what the other guy's got. That's not a cool thing to do in most settings except maybe San Fransico. You don't want to do that. But the male sit-down toilets are in stalls. Pooping is private.

And all the ladies have enclosed stalls to pee in because they have to sit down to do either. Therefore toilet stalls.

But it's not just humans. We found that when Frecklee the cat was with us, we would go on extended road trips, leaving him alone in the house. We had two cat litterboxes. One was enclosed and the other was open on top, just a grocery store litterbox.

When we came home, Freck would have exclusively pooped in the enclosed box, and done nothing but pee in the open box.

So it's primal. Mammals need privacy when pooping.
    Last edited by pdub; November 2, 2011, 03:42 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

you know, I never knew that..... didn't ever think about it.... but really, never ever thought about it.
    thanks PW

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Glad to provide some value. I rarely do...

Comment

Next time the cat is out in the yard pooping point and laugh! They get so upset... We are kind of into goodnatured teasing of the cats at our house.
        I think that the animal is more vulnerable in the act of pooping than peeing so hence a more sheltered safe place is sought out.

Sociological
        Last edited by LORENSWIFE; November 2, 2011, 03:36 PM.
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
          Sociological
          Yep, fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            Yep, fixed it.
            No, I don't think I did. Never mind. My deep thought of the day. Bad spelling included.

Dang.

Comment

still 10x better than the Mopar Action thread!
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                still 10x better than the Mopar Action thread!
                Dream on . . .

Comment

does anyone here like eggs?
                  Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

one of the concerts I went to, 2 chicks stormed the bathroom and comandeered the stalls...
                    Local person
                    sigpic

Comment

While we're at it, who was at the April event at Maxton last year? Last year. The only one we've ever been to. Or ever went to.

So, Sue Unit and I are there standng in front of Keith Turk, meeting him for the first and only time ever, and the conversation is interrupted by a person (I wish I knew who) who said, "Keith, the Porta-Pots are overflowing."

They sure were. Keith's eyes got big as saucers, and all I could think of to say was, "Keith, that sounds like a pretty shitty situation."
                      Last edited by pdub; November 2, 2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X