Wtf&wth!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf&wth!!!!

This SUCKS!!!!!! So you take a revenue producing area and make it a park?

The track has been in a battle with the neigbors for years. I guess the track owners have finally had their fill. I feel bad for the KC racing community.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Another great, historic track bites the dust. Sad.

Comment

Bangshifters meet up with Brian in KC. A couple of days later, their drag strip is being taken by the City. Coincidence?

(Just kidding . . . .)

Comment

Nail on the head Ron.Anyone having money in the UMB bank is an accomplice.The Kemper family live in their own little world.What sucks is the number of racers,parts suppliers,chassis builders etc it effects.Had we known what was going on at our BS meeting we would have pooled our money to buy it.We'd save money by having Brian and Ron announce for free beer.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
            Nail on the head Ron.Anyone having money in the UMB bank is an accomplice.The Kemper family live in their own little world.What sucks is the number of racers,parts suppliers,chassis builders etc it effects.Had we known what was going on at our BS meeting we would have pooled our money to buy it.We'd save money by having Brian and Ron announce for free beer.
            This does indeed, suck. Would have been great if another party (track promoter) could have bought it. Even if we'd pooled our cash, I don't think we could afford to pay 'em in beer tho..............
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

that track has so much freakin history, my mom and dad use to race there in the late 60s in thier mopars
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

the right thing to do would be a land use challenge - let the city buy it; then sue the city and force them to run it as a race track until suitable facilities could be found.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Politics suck. The track predates almost all of the subdivisions in the area but they still complain. We will not have a track in KC for a long time,if ever....
                  used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

My question is this: Which was there first, the track or the bitching home owners?? If it's the track, then the people who bought homes there should've know what they were getting into.
                    Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor2 View Post
                      My question is this: Which was there first, the track or the bitching home owners?? If it's the track, then the people who bought homes there should've know what they were getting into.
                      Kenny Shrader owns the local dirt track in Pevely, MO...........been there for ages.
                      He brings in some notable NASCAR drivers from time to time and is the best bang for your
                      buck when it comes to entertainment.

Well few years back they built a subdivision just on top of a hill adjacent to track......and guess what?
                      Residents started to complain about the noise!!

Can't fix stupid
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

From what I read, it said that the track owners have been trying to sell the property for some time. They finally lowered the price to a point to where the city could afford the land. It also said the city was working the with the track owners to find a larger piece of land to service the racers in the area.

It sucks and it does appear to be an obvious move to raise the property values in the area. Those owning land there will probably end up like kings when developers start buying up property next a 'big park'.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

OMG I just forgot.While they bought that Gawdawful dragstrip theres still the biker bar and strip club within a mile of the track.LOL. Drop the kid off at soccer practice,hit the tiity bar and biker bar,get lit and drive my kid home. Win!Im being sarcastic as I live 60 miles away and my sons not into soccer.Hes a former Jr Dragster racer.Scott,you are right they are "Supposed" to help get another dragstrip location.

Comment

well, that sucks. add ANOTHER hour to our drive to the nearest quarter mile track. such a historic track too!
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

It does suck...sorry to hear that.
                              Originally posted by TC
                              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                              X