N.C lawn art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.C lawn art

Did the rims on the river car show in Wilmington NC this weekend, nice 480 mile round trip, got to meet a fellow car junkie, Mr Dan Stokes, it was a pleasure Dan,sorry we couldnt make it out to the shop, did the back roads home yesterday and came across this gem sitting in front of a mobile home..owners not interested in selling, gonna fix it up one day...yea right, nice tri power car rotting to the ground..what a shame

Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Re: N.C lawn art

Great to meet y'all, too. BTW - folks, Fine 59's wife, the beautiful Victoria, seems perfectly normal! Go figure! His '59 is, indeed, fine - great car. And he hooked me up with a couple of new coozies that are exactly caffeine-free Diet Coke size.

Damn shame about that '60. Not only a tri power car, but currently seems to be in pretty good condition. Hope someone does something before it rots into the ground.

Hope we can hang out more next time you're in town
    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
      Did the rims on the river car show in Wilmington NC this weekend, nice 480 mile round trip, got to meet a fellow car junkie, Mr Dan Stokes, it was a pleasure Dan,sorry we couldnt make it out to the shop, did the back roads home yesterday and came across this gem sitting in front of a mobile home..owners not interested in selling, gonna fix it up one day...yea right, nice tri power car rotting to the ground..what a shame

How many times do we see that. Great car -- still has possibilites -- "not for sale I'm gonna get around to it someday" -- gets hauled off as a pile of rust. What a shame. Happens all the time.

Comment

I drove by our local salvage yard last night and out front was a 65 Ford F250 4x4. I slowed down to check it out, then stopped and looked it over. Nice clean body, 352, 4 speed, nice interior. Dropped off for scrap. They won't sell it, I called them this morning. It will get crushed, as the price of metal has turned the yard into a scrap metal yard.

Comment

I see tha all too often around here too....kinda makes ya sick!
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

let me brighten this post up a bit, there are some nice cars in NC

and the normal wife

Comment

Cool cars especially the Converable. Those cars always look like they are still moving, even in a garage.

Comment

There was a white 59 at Jenro's Saturday. Not nearly as cool as yours.
                1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
                  I drove by our local salvage yard last night and out front was a 65 Ford F250 4x4. I slowed down to check it out, then stopped and looked it over. Nice clean body, 352, 4 speed, nice interior. Dropped off for scrap. They won't sell it, I called them this morning. It will get crushed, as the price of metal has turned the yard into a scrap metal yard.
                  did you offer 49 cents or 49 dollars ? if they can make more with scrap , why not ?

betcha those X frame mounts on that 60 impala are so wasted , it makes sense to abandon it

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    Originally posted by VTJUNK
                    did you offer 49 cents or 49 dollars ? if they can make more with scrap , why not ?

betcha those X frame mounts on that 60 impala are so wasted , it makes sense to abandon it

I'm not afraid to pay for something as long the price is equal to what I'm getting. I would probably pay more than most people around here would. But I'm not about getting screwed either. I think the truck was probably worth a grand or so as it sits, not knowing if it would run or not.

Comment

if the guy can get a grand as opposed to the 400 the scrappy will pay .......

Comment

Here's some power to match the fender emblems.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

sad thing is the guy said it had the original motor and tri carb setup on it, tranny was bad...but they were gonna get it fixed one day

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
                            sad thing is the guy said it had the original motor and tri carb setup on it, tranny was bad...but they were gonna get it fixed one day
                            That reminds me of a 63 Galaxie 500XL Boxtop I found once. The car was out back of the guys house. I stopped and asked if I could take a look, the guy was real friendly. I walked up to it and noticed the 406 flags immediately. Red on Red, 4 speed, not in bad shape overall. I pop the hood, it had a 352 2bbl in it. He says he bought the car in '64 used, then in 65 the engine wasn't running right, probably the carbs. He couldn't get it running right so he put the 352 in it. He said the 406 was in the garage under his work bench, with the cast headers, tri power and all. He hadn't driven the car since the late '70s and the car had sat in the weeds for the last 10 anyway. I took some pictures and left my number.

Of course he didn't want to sell it.

Comment

Working...
                            X