Lack of action (a vent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of action (a vent)

Over the last few years, my income has fallen, my time is even more used up, and I find that lately, I have the urge to find a worthy $500 Craigslist beater, buy it, and go find a good wooded track and just beat the ever-loving hell out of it until either it dies or I get bored.

I don't really play with the Mustang. As I have no backup driver in case I do something really stupid, and I don't have money to fix what I break, it's only reasonable that I treat it with kid gloves and not abuse it.

The Mirada is still down. Quelle surprise. Short a miracle, I don't know what it'll take to get the money up to get it.

I think back to the '87 Monte SS ('99), the '73 Merc Comet GT ('96-'98 ), and many other cars that I drove like I was batshit insane...I need to cut loose on dirt or asphalt and go for it. And I don't think a dragstrip is gonna cut it. Even autocrossing the '06 Monte SS didn't take the edge off well...it helped, but I couldn't spin it, couldn't drift it (HA!) and couldn't just roast the tires until I got high from the fumes (I did a burnout once. Track officials almost kicked me off).

It's frustration at it's highest. I have a good car and I can't legally put it to good use. I haven't done a good donut in ...hell, probably since '99. I've done small burnouts here and there, but that's kinda "eh".

Am I the only one who thinks like this?
    Last edited by BangShift McT; November 5, 2011, 04:45 PM.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

maybe sell the rustang and get a boring d/d and a mid priced fun car

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
      maybe sell the rustang and get a boring d/d and a mid priced fun car
      At $8,000, the Mustang isn't going anywhere, it meets both requirements. And "boring d/d" will never happen here. Made that mistake ONCE with a '99 Blazer 3-door. Never again.

"boring d/d". FFS...
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Ironically, I have a huge bunch of sh*t I should be working on and what am I doing earlier? Cruising Craigslist for a 500.00 something. I found a couple of dunebuggies and some tempting motorsicles. Very tempting.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

yes, I think like that too.

Ironically I had a monte SS in 96. Went like a bat out of hell everywhere.

an entire exit ramp sliding in the rain to make the yellow light at the end.

it is not like it used to be..and the scale of everything from parts to interior seems small even for me at 5 ft 9 and 145 pounds.
          I do admit I slouch by inches lost unknown..but hey. I relate.

I did take some vengeance out on a car to beat in the winter.. that was another frustration local. Required alot of work to make it that standard though.

I guess you have to get used to the action being more work than fun. once that is acceptable, nothing is lost..it only gets better. Knowledge makes it cheaper.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I've posted pics of my '82 pontiac T-1000. It's 4 dr and blu and getting sideways in the dirt oval that i ran in the field next to my house... My own personal 1/10 mile racetrack.

ahhhhh.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................... .......

the tires would come off the bead pretty often, but i have an air compressor an they never tore a sidewall (go figure)... but the neighbors couldn't handle the dust, kept bitchin' about the noise too. I was addicted. most fun I've had behind the wheel. low speeds in 2nd gear, not over 45mph....man it was fun. lanlord finally asked me to quit.

I want a buggy but there is no place public within 50 miles to haul ass in it legally...and I don't know anybody with property.

man it was fun........ just sayin'
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

shoulda borrowed a truck when you were down here

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I have a solution!!!!!!

Rent a Vette(Z06, ZR1) for the day........And DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If something happens, that why they offer insurance..........

Comment

time to get married and sell out
                  or step it up

Comment

Not sure how far you would have to travel but I got those jollies as a kid on ice. As long as you VERIFY that the ice is thick enough you can do anything you want with no harm. Tons of fun and perfectly safe.

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; November 5, 2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                      I have a solution!!!!!!

Rent a Vette(Z06, ZR1) for the day........And DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If something happens, that why they offer insurance..........
                      you know what this idea actualy works. my grandpa does this when he gets board
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

one of those obsessions waiting in the back wings came from a visit to my grandpa (when he was alive in Death Valley CA)... I was bored, in a manner, I'm not sure how I survived bored. The only thing to do was (not making this up) shooting horse flies with a pellet gun.... my uncle had left his s-10 pickup at my grandpa's house (while he was enjoying the accommodations at Vacaville - 9 to 10 months IIRC)... grandpa went to town, leaving my very bored brother an I to "watch the place". we borrowed my uncle's S-10 and did things that would make an oil company blush..... all I can say is it IS possible to add tracks next to the wagon tracks across death valley... forget about the car, get a truck and go desert running. (oh, the truck did survive, but according to my uncle never ran right again... I fessed up, and he was only irritated that he didn't do it first).
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

remz you have a 8k mustang(per your post) start driving it like ya stole it..
                          because, no matter what anyone says.. here is the mans guide.. unless your rich this is your life..

single with nice car,, gets married and still has nice car.. is married with kid on the way..
                          kid is here.. wife never pushes for a more family friendly car.. doesn't have to after 100 in an outs of a baby seat in a 2 door car..
                          the mustang that you rant about being "to nice" to beat like a rented mule.. is sent down the road..
                          18-22 years later you get to buy an other '04 mustang and spend the next ten years rebuilding it..
                          so drive your mustang and ENJOY IT.. because unless you hit the lotto.. it's days are numbered.. and it won't be the wife say'n we need a family car (minivan, snicker) it'll be you fighting the baby seat for the hundrenth time.. and say'n f this..
                          so start bark'n the tires and slide'n girl in the corners, cause no matter how much you baby it.. it's worth is only going down.. might as well enjoy some of that loss, with a burn out or two/three... hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                            remz you have a 8k mustang(per your post) start driving it like ya stole it..
                            because, no matter what anyone says.. here is the mans guide.. unless your rich this is your life..

single with nice car,, gets married and still has nice car.. is married with kid on the way..
                            kid is here.. wife never pushes for a more family friendly car.. doesn't have to after 100 in an outs of a baby seat in a 2 door car..
                            the mustang that you rant about being "to nice" to beat like a rented mule.. is sent down the road..
                            18-22 years later you get to buy an other '04 mustang and spend the next ten years rebuilding it..
                            so drive your mustang and ENJOY IT.. because unless you hit the lotto.. it's days are numbered.. and it won't be the wife say'n we need a family car (minivan, snicker) it'll be you fighting the baby seat for the hundrenth time.. and say'n f this..
                            so start bark'n the tires and slide'n girl in the corners, cause no matter how much you baby it.. it's worth is only going down.. might as well enjoy some of that loss, with a burn out or two/three... hehe.
                            It's his only car, the trany on that thing is NOT cheap to fix!!!........So beating on it really isn't an option if he doesn't want to be hoofing it..........

Comment

it can't be that bad

Comment

Working...
                              X