No announcement yet.

Lack of action (a vent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish it was that easy, Brian. We have a '76 Datsun Z, but the club is dysfunctional and the damn Z won't fire, no matter the work done. It'd need at least $1700 worth of work to be able to drive. I tried offering a cheap Olds Cutlass Joe showed me in Tuscon, but this is where egos get involved, and I hurt feelings there. Oh well.

I was just venting off. The Mirada would be serving this purpose, but since it's still dead...

And Mark- I had nothing deleted, and I never asked to.
    Last edited by BangShift McT; November 6, 2011, 03:23 PM.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Whats the point of owned a coupe "musclecar" if you cant be hard on it? So i say sell it. Sell mustang, buy m6 ls1 f-body, win in every way.

240sx shells can be found dirt cheap, seems most people who have them, dont know how to do any real work, i.e. swapping motors.
      buy stock 305/350, fab mounts, couple wires and go. By dirt cheap I mean $300
      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Still owe money on Mustang, therefore cannot sell. No real job, therefore buying something new is out too.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

remember theres that rwd toyota terecl ex rally car sitting in my buddies back yard in phoenix he might let you have it if you tow it off
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
            Still owe money on Mustang, therefore cannot sell. No real job, therefore buying something new is out too.
            so beat it untill the repo man comes

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
              so beat it untill the repo man comes

now now now... as much as I break out in hives at the thought of Fords, it is (allegedly) a musclecar and beating them senseless just gets them crushed made into another prius....
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

not to mention his credit will then be ####ed over more then the transmission would be

ask me how i know still trying to get back after are van was repo'd earlier this year
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

they sold it for more than owed so it shouldn't be that big of a hit,, now if they lost money and had to write it down as a loss.. 7 years.. it follow you.
                  my HHR because I was sick and the bank (ally) would not give a payoff unless I payed the 3 months behind..
                  I gave it back... they sold it.. and I got a 3300.00 check.. they sent a 900.00 check but I checked and they lied (they say typo, ya right) the sold amount.. so they sent another for the balance of 2100.oo wonder how many times they pull that stunt..
                  if they'd just gave a pay off.I'd have got the cash from my dad, and payed him..
                  should've kept it and sent the wifes (mine) 04 spot trac down the road, but that would've started a war..
                  the light didn't go one that my health was hurting the money flow untill the guy came to get the chevelles, I said he was coming and they are sold. but that didn't do it.. when they where loaded up and he drove off(all three trucks and trailors full) and I walked in to the house is when she GOT IT. and said I thought you where never selling them.. and when I said it was the cars or the house.. SHE GOT IT.. I learned because of this.. use it befor you loose it.. tomorrow may never come.. I had to find out a real hard way, hopefully others don't have to figure it out in this manner
                  Last edited by Stich496; November 6, 2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

we owed way more then what it sold for at auction. it way under sold even for the craptastic market in michigan for only $1400 and we got a bill for $8,000 (the van had a market value of $7,000) my dad is the only one working becuase my mom has MS and disability is a joke and i only get flat rate witch is also a joke. did you knwo they also still add on interest even after they repo it? yeah that is lovely

but this is his rant thrread not mine

and ya ally did the same thing with us and there "typo"
                    Last edited by Mater; November 7, 2011, 12:14 AM.
                    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

There was this white $500 Cutlass....
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Thats why I look forward to snow, you could have $500 into a sled that would scare you silly.
                        I have come close to death or great harm many times.... It's when you stop and hop off, standing there shaking and out of breath letting your heart rate come down that you realize what could have happened.
                        A dirt bike or ATV might be more suitable to your climate, and it would take the edge off.
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I have the same frustration, but not because I don't have cars I can't beat on like rented mules. My problem comes from that I need my license for my job. Top that with living in a large city that I would have to drive an hour to get out in the sticks where there aren't any cops if I want to have some fun without getting caught.

This is why I take advantage of fun things like drag racing and autocrossing whenever I can. No my car isn't very fast or handles well, but I don't care. I'm out there to do things that would get me an expensive ticket and our work insurance company calling my boss to say they won't insure me anymore.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think getting off road is the necessity here - if open track or autocross aint enuf - you need to throw around a buggy or odyssey or 4 wheeler off road, heck - you could put a hitch on the 'stang for a small trailer that would haul a bike or 4 wheeler.

Gas tires etc are cheaper for off road stuff with smaller engines. just don't go snapping your neck, again.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

lots of cheap 4X4's out here and a never ending supply of trails...this could be a goof fix
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                                There was this white $500 Cutlass....
                                Don't remind me.

Comment

Working...
                                X