Buying someone else’s hot rod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buying someone else’s hot rod.

Fairmonts rock! I had a 78 Wagon with a 6 popper, and a 80 Futura with a 302. Both were excellent cars.

There's a Futura near here for sale. 70k on it, 6cyl. nice shape. $1200. I am so tempted. The wife hated the 80 I had, but that probably had something to do with the color. She called it "nude"

Comment

Have you bought that thing yet? I love to just tune on others stuff just to see how far off they where, and I would drive it like I stole it, till something breaks.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

That thing's cryi'n out for a Caddilac 500 :o :D ;)! ~OO6.

Comment

As long as the workmanship is good, taking over someone else's project is the cheapest way to get a good project. You simply cannot buy an unmolested car then put paint, wheels, tires, roll bar, engine, transmission, etc, etc for that kind of money. I don't doubt that the guy has $20K in the car... but even he knows that he'll never be able to sell it for what he's got into it.

If you watch Barret Jackson (when there's not a bidding war on a rare car), you see a lot of cars get sold for less than the money that was put into them.

If that car is the vision of what you would have done to it, buy it quick! It's like buying a $20 bill for under 8 bucks.

Comment

Working...
          X