Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peewee try it you'll like it..

turn it up!!!!!!!!!

I haven't heard much about Dweezil since his Pop died. He's turned into a pretty fair player - and he knows enough to play an SG. Couldn't tell for sure but I'll wager that one was built in Kalamazoo. The sax lady was pretty darn good, too. Steve Vai hasn't sat well with me since I found out he's the Devil's guitar player........

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      I haven't heard much about Dweezil since his Pop died. He's turned into a pretty fair player - and he knows enough to play an SG. Couldn't tell for sure but I'll wager that one was built in Kalamazoo. The sax lady was pretty darn good, too. Steve Vai hasn't sat well with me since I found out he's the Devil's guitar player........

Dan
      what, devil guitar player..

Comment

Crossroads.

Dan

Comment

Crossroads.

Dan
          eck.. with clapton..

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Wow, that jam is hot as hell! Oh, sorry for the uhh comparison.

Those guys (and gal) are having an enormous blast right there, that they are smokin' (another reference).

Those runs they're playing during the cutting contest sound devilish because that style of music has different rules, technically. Since I'm not a musician (only a player), I can't get to the term but it's something like a pentonic scale or something like that. That's probably not the right word, but there's a technical name for that scale you play through where the single notes don't actually agree with each other as you go, harmonically, but the end result is is that devilish sound.

Those folks are hot (another reference). They're damned good (did I do it again?)...If I could play like that, ...well no matter because I can't. Don't know how. I can go that fast for maybe a few seconds, playing on another scale, but I have to stop and rest or take a nap from all the exertion.

I'da enjoyed that show. I've seen one cutting contest live, between B.B. King and Buddy Guy. Buddy was toying with B.B. and grinning like a briar-eating goat. B.B. should've not gone there, but it was sure fun to watch. B.B.'s style and glory comes from the space BETWEEN the notes, and that's sure not what a cutting contest is about.

That was fun to watch Stich!
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I laugh at Weenie Marmsteen.
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                      Those runs they're playing during the cutting contest sound devilish because that style of music has different rules, technically. Since I'm not a musician (only a player), I can't get to the term but it's something like a pentonic scale or something like that. That's probably not the right word, but there's a technical name for that scale you play through where the single notes don't actually agree with each other as you go, harmonically, but the end result is is that devilish sound.
                      !

I agree...
                      where is the chords. a drummer does more two at a time things...
                      but that is the quest of this wangwee mamstein.

yangwhy marmstone.
                      whatever the name.
                      reminds me of that video game..never played it
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 7, 2011, 03:21 PM.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Stitch - I was talking about the movie "Crossroads" with Raphl Macchio and Joe Seneca. Fun movie with most of the music by Ry Cooder. Steve Vai played the Devil's guitar player. The head cutting contest is on Youtube. I've heard different versions of who was actually playing - some say Ry did both parts but I'm guessing Steve played his stuff and Ry played for Ralphie. However, Macchio "finger synched" pretty well. He did learn to play guitar for the part but not like THAT!

Dan

Comment

Stitch - I was talking about the movie "Crossroads" with Raphl Macchio and Joe Seneca. Fun movie with most of the music by Ry Cooder. Steve Vai played the Devil's guitar player. The head cutting contest is on Youtube. I've heard different versions of who was actually playing - some say Ry did both parts but I'm guessing Steve played his stuff and Ry played for Ralphie. However, Macchio "finger synched" pretty well. He did learn to play guitar for the part but not like THAT!

Dan
                          Way back when that movie came out, lots of folks near me asked, "So, what do you think?"

I said I was real glad that movie was made at all, and Ry Cooder did a fabulous job on the tracks. That was indeed a Hollywood artistic production, but it was flavored just right. In fact, the truth, from what all we can read, was far better.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Dan
                            never heard of that movie.. have to look it up..

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                              I laugh at Weenie Marmsteen.
                              why his playing is very technical.. ya he showboats any time he gets the chance.. just like his idol.. richie blackmore

Comment

Working...
                              X