Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And a tinfoil hat too?

From the Wall Street Journal :
    Recent interactives, data visualizations, illustrations, maps and other graphics from the The Wall Street Journal’s Graphics team

Crazy insurance billing codes.
    Attached Files
    Shelter animals make great pets

Where's the anal probing code....isn't there always anal probing?
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I've got to say, When Skylab was coming down (Kids, look it up) I really really DID, I mean passionately did want it to fall on my house. Seriously. I was in my 20's and real pissed of at the world. Sadly, it missed my house by about 15,000 miles. Oh well.

I was an angry young man.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

But you got better. Sueunit and I are glad you did.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
          I've got to say, When Skylab was coming down (Kids, look it up) I really really DID, I mean passionately did want it to fall on my house. Seriously. I was in my 20's and real pissed of at the world. Sadly, it missed my house by about 15,000 miles. Oh well.

I was an angry young man.
          There's a text in the Bible which (paraphrase) if you believe, you can make anything happen. I was praying for that chunk of steel to drop on my former 8th grade teacher. PW - it sounds like our prayers confused God's aim.... glad it missed you
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 8, 2011, 09:18 AM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm real glad it missed the abode, too.

More specifically, I wanted it to fall on the house while my then-wife was home and I wasn't. She was a lying cheating stealing (did I say lying?) piece of work. A terrible choice on my part, but at 20 years of age with testosterone going on, how well can you think or see? Lemme tell everybody, NOT WELL AT ALL.

And the house we bought (a crackerbox mill house, though brand-new) was built by a crooked contractor who didn't survey the lots in the neighborhood before he slung houses everywhere. 4 houses in a row (including ours) were built overlapping the next lot, and there was a right-of-way for a future city street coming through the middle of it. Joint lawsuit, all of us against him versus the city.

Talk about a mess? Yeah, if Skylab had fallen on the house with her in it, ... well, that was the only hope I held at the time.

Life is now grand. That, as all things, have and shall forever pass. It's not easy hating to see the sun come up, though. It was just about that hard, mentally and emotionally at least, that whole time period. That was a long time ago, and I'm glad that was a long time ago.

I don't think anybody's computer has enough overhead memory to load that story if I was to ever type it up. Plus, nobody would believe it...that HAS to be made up. Nope. Not made up.

Life is grand. Ya know, that makes life even grander now. If you haven't been to hell, how do you know or appreciate what "good" is?
            Last edited by pdub; November 8, 2011, 05:17 PM.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
            X