iPod,iPhone HELP for adults please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod,iPhone HELP for adults please.

Ok I've had an ipod for about 3 years,when I first got it I spent about 3 days "burning"(thats what my kids call it) almost all my CD's too it. Well not all.Anyway I went back to some burnin' and in the meen time my kids have loaded up the iTunes with a bunch of,well,crap.Then they decided to help me by syncing all that crap to MY old guy iPod!So I now have about 1700 songs in MY iPod,of which only 700 are worth a crap. HELP how do I get that stuff out and keep Led Zep,Boston,Heart,ZZTop,etc......

Please don't tell me just ask your kid,they are off at college and besides they just go "here","here","here".done leave me alone...........

NO IDEA.. i bought my first ipod 6 months ago and need to figure out how to group things together so the random play isn't debbie gibson and then ozzy then no doubt then donna summers then pantera,etc..

Comment

See now I can do that. Just select Albums then random play.

Comment

My brother is an itunes guru and has tried to help me several times - I still think you have to consume some sort of apple coolaide to understand the mac / ibm differences
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Okay, I'm not positive on this so don't hold me to it. I just bought an iPhone and am still kinda new at this too but ... if you open up itunes and select music I believe in the bottom right corner it lists all of the artists you have and a check mark beside their name. Uncheck the box of the ones you don't want and then sync your phone again and think that will do it. Good luck ;-)
          "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

why don't you call tech support - oh wait, you'd never get help because of dropped calls... nevermind
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman View Post
              Okay, I'm not positive on this so don't hold me to it. I just bought an iPhone and am still kinda new at this too but ... if you open up itunes and select music I believe in the bottom right corner it lists all of the artists you have and a check mark beside their name. Uncheck the box of the ones you don't want and then sync your phone again and think that will do it. Good luck ;-)
              Yea thats what I thought,but I still have all that crap on my iPod.
              I want to get this worked out before I load my iPhone.

Comment

It has to be done from the Itunes desktop software. All you have to do is select the songs you wish to delete (use the shift or control key to select more than one). Once finished selected the songs go to the edit menu at the top of the screen and chose delete. It will promt you if you wish to just remove the songs from Itunes or delete from the computer.

Comment

Go to itunes,
                  Go to menu-item 'File', and create a new 'Playlist'.
                  A new playlist-item will apear in the left column. Change it's name to something like 'Dads music' orsomething.
                  (Right click) Control-click on the song(s) you want to have on your iPod, and go to 'Add to Playlist' from the menu and select your newly made playlist.
                  When you're done assigning all your songs to your playlist, let iTunes sync your playlist only with the iPod.
                  Last edited by BigBlockMopar; November 9, 2011, 02:41 PM.
                  www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Thanks,I'll try it when I get home.

Comment

No Joy. Part of my problem is the tunes in my iPod are all burned from CD,when I did that I did not save any of them in iTunes so the last time I added songs I burned them in iTunes then added them to what I had,when I did that it (I) dumped my kids itunes library to my iPod,thankfuly it (I) did'nt loose my burned content. Now I can't pull what is in my iPod out to edit. I'm sure it's just me,I am old.
                      I wanted to load my Music to my new iPhone but I don't want my kids stuff too.

Any more ideas?

Comment

If you still have the CD's at hand you can reload them into iTunes under your own playlist and go from there again.
                        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
                        X