Seatbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seatbelts

End over end, we think twice. Mom walked away.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

OMG! So happy your mom is OK!!!!!

How did that Gatorade stay where it was?
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
      OMG! So happy your mom is OK!!!!!

How did that Gatorade stay where it was?
      Ditto and ditto!

My second ex-wife's sister is/was....morbidly obese. She wouldn't wear a seatbelt because it was awkward for her. Without the details of the crash, a crash that no human could avoid because somebody else messed up running a stop sign on a side road, she was involved on a square-on head-on collision at 55 mph vs 55mph.

Her physical size kept her in the minivan. The steering wheel broke the femur bone in both of her legs and the threshold of the roof/winsdhield scalped her. 200 or so stitches.

The driver of the other car was not wearing a seat belt and was killed instantly. There was a passenger in the front seat of the other car who was wearing a seat belt and required some first aid at the scene but walked away.

Seat belts.
      Last edited by pdub; November 9, 2011, 03:19 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

FTW....the doors even close!

Glad to hear Moms okay....

How fast?
        What caused it?
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

btw... those front seats look comfy.

Can I have 'em?
          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Man, glad to hear that she made it. I was not a seatbelt guy until a few years ago, now it feels bad without it.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Mom had a convert when I was in HS (1962 Buick Special). She was determined to make it as safe as possible and had belts installed - there were belt anchors but belts were not a Federal mandate at that point. Anyhow, I simply got used to wearing them way back then and since then I feel naked without 'em. Anyhow, sometimes when I go to the movies I'll find myself reaching for the belt - they don't have them at our local theater.

Glad your Mom is OK. Remember to hold her close.

Dan
              Last edited by DanStokes; November 9, 2011, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I'm glad she's ok, I wear belts no matter what.

Comment

Damn. I couldn't agree more about seat belts and glad she walked away. My brother broad sided a 3/4 ton dodge truck at 40mph when the truck ran the read light. He and his friend walked away just fine, luckily he was wearing the lap and shoulder belt.

My friend (on the driver's side there) flipped his Alero on it's lid after blowing two tires out and leaving the road. Amazingly he came out with out a scratch, and he's 6'4"! (this was taken the day after the accident) He was hanging upside down in the seatbelt for about an hour before emergency responders got him out.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I got pulled over for no seatbelt a few weeks ago..quite odd.
                    Got a warning.

been wearing it more often.
                    driving a tin can light enough to tow the car with the seatbelt before getting saved by it is a thing of the past for most.

I welded b-pillars, and floor beams, doubled rockers...

seatbelt? its worth wearing now, the chassis can hold it.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Glad your Mom is ok.

Comment

Glad your mom's ok!!!!....

I never wear a seatbelt and I've been in a rollover and walked away from it...........Funny thing is in the rollover if I was wearing my seatbelt it would have kept me seated in the drivers seat while the truck was sliding down the road on the drives side of the truck, the drivers window blew out and if I would have been in the seated position instead of a crouched position like I was from being thrown out of my seat, the glass would have hit me in the face and I would have probably ended up with a bunch of road rash on my face and arm, instead of the little I got from my knee hitting the ground as the glass broke......It was really a scary sight to be standing on the door while watching the asphalt slide by beneath my feet, even scarier when my knee was on the glass as it broke, I can still remember telling myself, "road rash" as I jumped up and braced myself in the cab.....Then it all came to an end when the truck hit the curb(sidewalk) on the opposite side of the street and flipped into a parking lot back on all four wheels..........I do have to say one thing for those Isuzu trucks, the damn truck never stalled out, I actually had to turn it off after everything settled........

And you got to love the Police here, the cop asked me 3 times if I was wearing my seatbelt, with me telling him twice I wasn't......I still remember him saying, Alex look at me, look at me real good, take your time, but look at me were you wearing your seat belt, while at the same time the two guys that helped me out of the truck are standing there pointing at the cop and silently saying "HE'S A COP"........Oh ya, oh ya, I was wearing my seat belt, I said, and that's when the officer said that's what I thought you said...........

Comment

I'm glad she's okay. Despite people who give their guardian angels a daily work out, it's far better to wear then not.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

As they say, if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.....
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              I'm glad she's okay. Despite people who give their guardian angels a daily work out, it's far better to wear then not.
                              Ya I think I'm a full time job for those guys.........

But then I am the guy that goes looking for a gas leak with a lighter..........I mean you never think you'll find one, till the next thing you know you got a blue flame shooting out the side of a gas line and your like OH SHIT!!!!!.........Only happened once and something I can joke about for the rest of my life.......
                              Last edited by TC; November 9, 2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X