No announcement yet.

NHRA Starter Rick Stewart retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the burnout and while the car was backing up there was a huge leak coming from the intake, it was one of the fuel lines right where it connects to the nossle. I grabbed a wrench out of my pocket and tried to tighten it up. I only made it worse because the flare was cracked. I looked up and Stewart was telling us to shut it off. I made motions like I fixed it but just covered it with my hand, and just walked with the car until it went into the beams. I let go a second after the top bulb was lit and walked away, while fuel was spraying everywhere. He yelled at us for a bit after that, saying something about not doing that on his track.

I also believe that he was the cause of Schumacher winning the championship over Doug Kalitta in 2006 when he tried to shut off schumachers car and was ignored then. Buster would have stood right in front of it like George Patton.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Ok, Stewart is retiring...

Can we get him to take Compton and Light with him? I would love to see the NHRA step down from presenting itself like a three-ring circus and get back to racing.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

it is hard to stand out there that length of time ..used to see buster do it all the time

Comment

I think the circus is getting ready for over-drive. Has anyone been following the "regional system" that's going to replace the divisional system we have now for the alcohol cars?
          Originally posted by TC

Comment

rick was a bit emotional

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
              rick was a bit emotional
              I think that was just an act.
              Originally posted by TC

Comment

No one could replace Buster on the starting line. Stewart just did the job best he could, and yes I thought it was a bit lackluster. Who's up next? It'll be interesting to see next Feb.

Here's a shot of Rick on the line at Las Vegas last year when I was there.

I must say as long as I've been going to the drags I don't see how the starting line crew can survive weekend after weekend between two fuel cars for hours on end. It just destroys your body...... Neat huh?
                Attached Files
                There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

john force as trigger finger

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                    john force as trigger finger
                    Noooo, they need to try out a pretty lady this time.
                    Originally posted by TC

Comment

Jungle Pam? (You can tell I'm stuck in the dark ages).

Having had the experience of standing between 2 top fuel cars at the tree I agree - exciting as Hell but it would flatten me in a weekend. Just the sound pressure level alone is devastating.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X