Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Veterans ....

I just want to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed! Former USN here. Thanks to all that have and still are serving.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I'm taking my DD214 and gettin me some free chow today........beats the kick in the pants
      welcome we got back in the 60's
      Last edited by Monk; November 11, 2011, 04:36 AM.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I am always eternally grateful....

There are large numbers of our young out there doing this voluntarily... They represent our future... never been to Wall St...
        Last edited by KeithTurk; November 11, 2011, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Thank you Veterans, especially you Monk. The way you were treated can never be excused.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Thank you all - past, present, and future.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Veterans Day was originally named Armistice Day. This day is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice, which ended the World War I hostilities.
              Attached Files
              Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Monk - this is a good time for me to apologize to you and all the Viet Nam Vets. I was one of those who treated you guys badly and I'm sincerely sorry for that. As I've aged and looked back on that period what seemed reasonable at the time now just seems WRONG. There is little in my life for which I feel ashamed and that's a big one.

THANKS from the bottom of my heart to all who served and are serving. While I may disagree with any individual war there is no disagreeing with the skill, dedication, and effort of our men and women who serve.

Dan

Comment

The significance of this day goes back to WWI, the day the guns fell silent. Despite knowing what war is like 93 years later it is difficult to imagine what it was like in the trenches. I only have an idea about WWII due to movies and shows like Band of Brothers, and the same for Vietnam though I do remember it on TV when I was a kid and the planes flying over all the time. The desert I know real well, so its hard for me to fathom what it was like for the rest who fought in Europe, the Pacific, and Southeast Asia.

This is the day I will always remember my friends who didnt make it home.

Comment

This Veteran's day is extra special as a few buddies are soon to be home. An especially big thanks to those Veteran's who have the courage and speak their minds by protesting.

Comment

What are they protesting?
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                        I'm taking my DD214 and gettin me some free chow today........beats the kick in the pants
                        welcome we got back in the 60's
                        I got paperwork that mkes me not exist...and I am honorable, even got medal to never boast of.

thanks for serving and getting the incentives promised in the beginning.

for those that didn't..keep pretending to be thankful. if all of us got the crap pile we got for serving this country would have terrorists knocking down buildings..
                        oh wait. that is crazy talk.

I posted a graphic vid in random thought thread. modern tours and the size of them donot compare to hand to hand fighting in the millions.

I give a bigger thanks to them..my thanks has rank too.
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 11, 2011, 01:36 PM.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                        X