No announcement yet.

Chevy Malibu .... not the classics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

being a 3.8 heads are cracked or warped not worth fixing also the auto trans in those cars have loads of problems
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
      being a 3.8 heads are cracked or warped not worth fixing also the auto trans in those cars have loads of problems
      Need more info .... what is "loads of problems"?
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

input shaft falures, TC lock up failures (they do not like to unlock resalting in stalling when brakes are relased), solinoid issues, loss of OD at times, over heating

and those are only the issues i have witnessed wile working ast a ford dealer for 2 years
        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

back to the malibu - my parents have had a couple both rental returns; both they drove to 250k miles then sold.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
          X