No announcement yet.

Road trip route vote!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Week...New Poncho driven home almost cross country with nothing more than a good once over. You really are the man.

This needs its own spread on the front page.

Way to go Randall
    Last edited by cal67ss396; December 7, 2011, 07:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Great deal!

now - when are you going to build that building?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
        Truck in the garage, bird in the driveway?
        Truck costs a little more

Comment

• Another excellent adventure. Congrats!!
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• The cars are just piling up around Randal's place.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• You guys are optimist, that's just a carport, nothing locked down in there. I just hate scraping ice off the windows in the morning and the carport keeps the ice from forming. So what ever I'm driving to work the next day is parked in the carport, that's all the logic that goes into it.

The Skylark is still down in Boulder City (outside Las Vegas). I'll go down there in a week and a half to go pick it up.

Thanks all for the kind words. I always recommend a good adventure from time to time. IMO though, this wasn't that large of a crap shoot. The seller I was sure was straight forward with me, and I got exactly what I was expecting. Now the freeze plug was unexpected, but it wasn't catastrophic. If my boss hadn't given me a free pass for today, I would of had it fixed that night (classic thrash style, only it was much less eventful than I figured it would of been) and been back on the road.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• PS Not a fan of the holley, I'm going to see about getting a proper Q-jet on there
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Glad you made it home safe. No long smokey burnouts?
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Excellent adventure Ted !
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• What list number is the Holley?
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                        PS Not a fan of the holley, I'm going to see about getting a proper Q-jet on there
                        now you're talkin! Great trip and write up, I am reliving my younger country crossing day vicariously thru you! glad it went well for you.
                        67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                        05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

• Awesome! Thanks for sharing. The buy a car sight unseen, fly in and drive it home adventure is definitely still on my bucket list.
                          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                            PS Not a fan of the holley, I'm going to see about getting a proper Q-jet on there
                            This Holley guy will take it off your hands.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Also looking for a holley for dads 69 400 firebird! I hate the friggan q-jet thats on it. ( eldelbrock rebuilt q-jet)
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.
                              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

• Scott -any chance you could arrange for your avatar to come down my Chimney on Christmas eve night? you never let us down in the avatar department.

It pains me that a guy that can identify rocks at 100 yards, and develop an EFI system from scratch can get frustrated by a simple old carburetor!
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X