No announcement yet.

Road trip route vote!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to meet you had a good time. Nice dinner hope you have agood trip curtis

Comment

Good times Curtis.

I made it to Cheyenne Wyoming today. A whopping 500 miles, BUT I replaced the heater core today in Omaha at a shop of one of DieselGeek's buddies. I have to admit, it was pretty nice in the shop.

I took more pictures of things with my camera, but I left it in the car =/ Here is a picture of the leaky heater core

I have to admit, it is pretty nice having heat now. The outside temps are hanging around -2*F to 3*F, and I can comfortably drive in my t-shirt It was definitely worth the delay.

The car doesn't have any plates on it right now, and I got a little nervous leaving Omaha, as one of Omaha's finest was right behind me for at least ten minutes. He'd occasionally get really close, then back off, but eventually he passed by and exited. No issues so far. 700 miles to go tomorrow and I'm home, YAY!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

GM's heaters are the greatest.... when they aren't leaking all over your carpet.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Wait a second... Your driving this a couple of thousand miles with out plates? Now that takes balls.

Neato on the new purchase!

Steve
          Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Alabama is a keep the plate state. So is Nevada, so I won't have plates until I get to DMV in Nevada. CA makes it easy in that respect, just send the plates with the car, hell last I checked they didn't want them back if you non-op'd the car.

Comment

Starting the day out by flooding the engine then killing the battery, yay. AAA is on its way =\ Wishing for EFI

Comment

AZ will let you buy a temporary plate online, you give your credit card number and print it out, doesn't cost much.

But you should be fine, as long as you have evidence that you have liability insurance somewhere.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I had fun yesterday Randal.

Rebeldryver, I stood guard down at 30th and Lake while Randal quick swapped the heater core. Big thanks to Doc McEntire who we called for advice on pulling the heater core (looks like it'll come out from under the hood, but it's easier pulling it from inside the car - Doc knew every step!).
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Gotta love heat!!

NY is a keep-plate state as well. Supposed to turn them in, but i have a few extra sets on hand.
                    Local person
                    sigpic

Comment

Go Randal Go!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                        Gotta love heat!!

NY is a keep-plate state as well. Supposed to turn them in, but i have a few extra sets on hand.
                        ma is a keep plate also.. and if you don't they charge you excise tax yearly, that you find out about when it's time to renew your lic to drive..
                        here you have to report it stolen.. to keep it... or dump it on a car..

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                          Starting the day out by flooding the engine then killing the battery, yay. AAA is on its way =\ Wishing for EFI
                          how does someone thats used to not pumping the pedal flood it..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                            how does someone thats used to not pumping the pedal flood it..
                            Carburetors that are tuned for Alabama weather generally suck when trying to start in below-zero weather (this one has no choke). I was surprised that it fired up (after a handful of aborted attempts) in my driveway around 15* F yesterday morning. This is another area where EFI shines.
                            Last edited by dieselgeek; December 6, 2011, 11:01 AM.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                              carburetors that are tuned for alabama weather generally suck when trying to start in below-zero weather (this one has no choke). I was surprised that it fired up (after a handful of aborted attempts) in my driveway around 15* f yesterday morning. This is another area where efi shines.
                              next time, d/g your hand works as a choke

Comment

^^^^^^ :-)
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X