Why are R07 Chevy heads so cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are R07 Chevy heads so cheap?

I keep seeing R07 Chevy stuff on ebay cheep, I know they are there own bore spacing but have read that Dart is making a block for 4.5 bore centers Chevy stuff. I have seen a few sets of heads for stupid cheap and some more complete ones for $2,500 still seems low. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hendrick-Che...item19ca97a933

Are the rest of the parts not avalible to the general public?

did you look at those pics? Those heads got bashed by dropped valves dropped at high rpm.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I had seen that on those, but had seen some others with out damage (would have been a better example) that went for 250 bare. This would be a better example http://www.ebay.com/itm/R07-RO7-chev...item3a64b76f10 And these http://www.ebay.com/itm/360403350374...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

they don't bolt up to nothing but r07-08-09 block

Comment

Doesn't it take a whole supporting cast of parts like the distributor being moved to the front so custom cam, headers no one makes, intakes that are roundy round only...etc?? Kinda like Stage II heads for the Buick V6, the intake, cam, and headers are all different even if you use a stock or offcenter block. Without a mostly complete engine I'd think they'd be very hard to actually get into use, or at least very expensive.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Everything about that motor is custom and specific to itself. They are cheap cause nobody can use them, blocks are still custom or real high dollar! That stuff isn't for the average Joe.
            Nick Smithberg
            www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

SB2-2 heads on the other hand ...fit old school small blocks ....and they make em to FIT DODGE A engine and Toyota Nascar !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                they don't bolt up to nothing but r07-08-09 block
                SB2-2 heads on the other hand ...fit old school small blocks ....and they make em to FIT DODGE A engine and Toyota Nascar !!!!
                'xactly... look at the head bolt layout. That, and traditional thinking says it would take a huge x large bore and stroke for them to even remotely work on the street. They've got port csa for a 9500 rpm 358...

but for 2500.00, you could find out how much port it takes for a 9500 RPM 358!
                Last edited by Beagle; November 13, 2011, 03:13 AM. Reason: combining multiple posts
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Good points on the non interchange stuff, I had read some whare that Dart was making a block in the 3k area that works with these heads. Intakes can be had for $400 on ebay. It looked to me (unless cam, crank, valve train etc. were not availble used) like it would cost about the same as most other higher end small blocks. I was thinking more as a LSR engine for my T bird cup than a street motor, but would be bad ass to build a R07 for small block na drag week car. I also wonder if it would be any better in a drag car than sb2 or yates small block.

Comment

Dart was making a GEN 1block to use ls heads.
                    Last edited by Stich496; November 13, 2011, 06:30 AM.

Comment

a guy running goodguys drags was kickin ass with the LS/ gen 1 combo

Comment

a guy running goodguys drags was kickin ass with the LS/ gen 1 combo

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                          Dart was making a GEN 1block to use ls heads.
                          I believe that is World Products and not Dart.
                          Nick Smithberg
                          www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

yup

Comment

Working...
                            X