• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what ever happened to these cars?

Nick Scavo's '65 impala?
    Randy Lambert's '67 Impala?
    DF's Orange Duster?
    DF's '68 belvedere that was flogged for drag strip testing?
    Tony Nausieda's '66 Buick 'vert?
    The Buick wagon with the 455 swap?
    Cheap street chevelle, i know it was won via raffle, but is it still around and being used?
    Project Supernova?
    Project Elcamino?
    58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

cheap street chevelle is owned by a couple that used to be on the forum. My still be hear. Seems they loved power touring . Saw them 2005 with it. Seems she went by Cheap Street.
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; November 13, 2011, 01:43 PM.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

DF sold the duster and the Belvedere.

One of members owns the Cheapstreet Chevelle. She usually posts about her 48-ish Olds covert. Most of her posts are on the Power Tour threads.

the orange-y red Elco was sold to Rob Kinnan. He had it in the old HRM/CC garage, but had to move it when they moved.

Scavo sold the Impala to go faster in whatever racing series he raced in. I'd like to think it's still dragging it's rear bumper down the track.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

<----Jim's Nova has been MIA the last 10 years too

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
          Nick Scavo's '65 impala?
          Randy Lambert's '67 Impala?
          DF's Orange Duster?
          DF's '68 belvedere that was flogged for drag strip testing?
          Tony Nausieda's '66 Buick 'vert?
          The Buick wagon with the 455 swap?
          Cheap street chevelle, i know it was won via raffle, but is it still around and being used?
          Project Supernova?
          Project Elcamino?
          The Orange Duster is sitting in my driveway; bought it from DF years ago. No motor, trans, or interior. Motor blew at Famoso a few years back (oil starved, rashed bearings), pulled the interior and welded in new floor. The thing is that when I painted it for Car Craft back in 2001, only the outside was painted. Needs doors pulled and painted inside, and engine bay and trunk. Was planning on a modern hemi swap and Tremec, but might just go and put a small block stroker in it. Haven't decided; I already have the engines. Been working on putting in a dyno at my shop, so haven't wrenched on cars at all lately. Built and wired the rooms myself, and am almost done with that project, which has taken over a year of spare time. Just put in the overhead gantry in the cell yesterday for loading engines on and off the dyno.

Comment

Cool! Talk about completing the mad scientists lab!
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              One of members owns the Cheapstreet Chevelle. She usually posts about her 48-ish Olds covert. Most of her posts are on the Power Tour threads.
              I think you're thinking of two different people Scott. Ken and Linda own the Chevelle and I believe the girl with the Olds is named Denise.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

You mean that Dulcich hasn't heard of the miraculous, world-beating $350 JY LS? That makes the content of Engine Masters even more puzzling.

I liked that tunnel-ramed 383 MoPar that ran in Engine Masters . . . or how about a brace of turbos on a barely-DW-Legal "small block" for a run at the Small-block power adder title?
                Last edited by 38P; November 14, 2011, 10:42 AM. Reason: Added "MoPar" for the benefit for the kids who think a 383 is some sort of stroker SBC

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                  Cool! Talk about completing the mad scientists lab!
                  Thanks, Brian. It is looking pretty good, I'll post some pics here when I get the equipment moved in.

Still have the control room glass to install, the 220v wiring from the sub panel to the pumps and exhaust fan, mount the fan and duct, and I'm going to make some trick adjustable tru-panels for the exhaust. I did have the dyno temporarily installed last year before the rooms were done. Ran a Stock Eliminator 5.0 Windsor with Tom Habrzyk.
                  -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                    I think you're thinking of two different people Scott. Ken and Linda own the Chevelle and I believe the girl with the Olds is named Denise.
                    yep and she (Denise) aint diggin the bangshift no mo!!!
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71 View Post
                      yep and she (Denise) aint diggin the bangshift no mo!!!
                      That sucks.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

wonder why
                        ?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
                          You mean that Dulcich hasn't heard of the miraculous, world-beating $350 JY LS? That makes the content of Engine Masters even more puzzling.

I liked that tunnel-ramed 383 MoPar that ran in Engine Masters . . . or how about a brace of turbos on a barely-DW-Legal "small block" for a run at the Small-block power adder title?
                          they race dynos ? don't they ?
                          ford race fords

Comment

scott and Jim PM sent
                            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I'm guessing Denise was too special to hang around here with the likes of us, LOL! I'm thinking she's still alive I saw her car at the "Hunnert Car Pileup" this year, that show was pretty lame or maybe I was just expecting too much?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5334.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	858552Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5335.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	858551
                              Last edited by Grumpy; November 15, 2011, 10:58 PM.
                              sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Working...
                              X