Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Batteries are in Your Cars DD or Classic and Which Brand you Perfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Batteries are in Your Cars DD or Classic and Which Brand you Perfer?

The 72:
    Had an Autocraft, but that bite the bullet and I got a DieHard Gold Battery. Starts up with no problem.
    The SS:
    Neverstart Battery, I know I'm not a fan of them but it's a warranty replacement. Have to replace that battery tray area in the summer.
    06 Mazda {Sisters}
    The stock Panasonic battery and for her b-day I'm going to get her a Diehard.

I'm happy with the Diehard so far.There was one in the car years ago and it lasted a long time and I decided that night when we got stuck to grab one and I've had no problems with it. At least I got my money back for the Autocraft.
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

well if it's a wet sell they basicly are made by 2 companies

i just have a napa badged 800cca in the merc and a 600cca in the lebaron

the 99 GTP at 196,000 still has the factory delco battery. blows my mind
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

2003 LS: 100K miles on the stock whatever it is in the spare tire well
      1999 Silverado: Had to put a Duralast in it after the old Everstart died. For expendable batteries I like Everstarts since Wal-Marts are open 24-7 (about the only reason I'll go to a Wal-Mart) but they didn't stock the right size so I got one at Autozone
      64 Riviera T-type: Optima Red Top and it's the best thing ever for a hot rod. I'd love to put on in the other cars but the truck I needed one NOW and the Lincoln... well it's just not needed one.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I've always had great luck with SEARS Diehard's, the AUTOLITE I bought at Kragen leaked and ruined my brand new battery tray. The Mexican-made no-name thats in the Vic was made in '04 and it's still going strong. I think anymore it's a crap shoot.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

cheapies from walmart, they're up to $50 now. I change them after 5 years on general principle. Haven't had one fail yet.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I get 2nds from rc truck..
            Optima don't like fast charges , or high amp alts if you've run down the battery..

Comment

today they are all good.
              the last weird /bad ones was in the 80s..

in fact my subaru (1987 carburated) comes to mind as the last crazy battery by factory I can remember..
              they don't do strange stuff anymore.

some have a longer clock than others, and they go as they claim more than ever (most likely some strict laws to help us along). I always run out with whatever I bought, 6 year or whatever it may be at time of sale like clokwork, get my moneys worth..all that matters..
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

optimias in all my cars except the Lincoln only because it was a week old when I bought it

Comment

Put an Exide in the wifes 03 Sable, neighbor started being a dealer. That replaced the original Motorcraft. Napa Gold in the Cougar, Interstate deep cycle in the mustang.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

most are johnson controls anyway

my brother has a 17 year old delco voyager in his boat

Comment

OEM in the HHR (almost 100K miles), whatever was in the Dakota when I bought it a few years back - still starts every morning. The Buzz Bomb has an AutoZone cheapie that I put in when I bought the car as the one in it was kaput - still going strong. I need a new Optima in the 'Stang as it finally bit the dust after about 12-15 years. BTW - Costco has a screaming deal on Optimas.

Dan

Comment

Optima, Motorcraft (the Johnson Controls ones) and (sadly enough) Wal-Mart (they suck but they're convenient and nationwide for warranty purposes)

Brands I won't use: Exide, Interstate (too expensive; sponsors of Gibbs "Toyotas"), AC/Delco (or whatever they call 'em now . . . unless it's branded Motorcraft and comes with a Ford-backed warranty . . . Yes, Virginia, there were some OEM Motorcrafts made by Delphi (or whoever makes the silly "wonder-eye" battery), O'Reilly (they wouldn't warranty a tractor battery because I bought it in the tractor), AutoZone, NAPA (the NASCAR "Toyota" thing again), CSK (sales clerks are too ignorant), Advance (still mad that they killed the Western Auto brand after I'd bought a pile of "lifetime" parts), Pep Boys (not enough locations for warranty, not convenient).

Brand I'd use if it was more convenient: Sears Diehard

Comment

only fools buy a battery by warranty a silver and a gold are the same battery. you just pay extra, betting it'll die before the time runs out

Comment

Duralast Golds in the Buick's and T-bird. A NAPA one in the Jeep because there is only a NAPA in town. Don't know what's in the truck.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Costco and Les Schwab. Both have excellent warranties and have covered them when the battery went bad. In fact, I just had to replace them (costco) in my diesel truck - cost me $40 for the difference in price (prorated, and price increased) for two batteries. The batteries were 4 years old.

But here's the bit that I find best - neither Schwab nor Costco checks the battery. I've had a battery that went dead, and while the store admitted the battery was not fully holding its charge, because the little needle on their tester said it was "okay" they wouldn't do anything for me....
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X