X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix Anything

How to fix anything!
    Attached Files

you in aircraft maintenace? lol. we have had this and a few other flow charts pinned up in various sections for years...the best part is the are accurate.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Joe - certainly you have on that involves safety wire? I still hope to set up a set of allen head stainless header bolts drilled and safety wired.... lots of work to do the first time, but no way they're vibrating out after that.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

when you do, call me I will wire them in about 5 minutes. If nothing else in this world I can safety wire. It is easy once you do it on damn near every nut bolt on a aircraft engine...I even have my own set or wire pliers. you should see the crap I can do with wire...really..it is amzing. I can do it by hand better than most can with pliers. sadly, it is not a marketable skill
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

was looking for the ingenuity thread (It may not exist).

nothing written, no directions, and a problem...
          just fix it right?

really had to get this going. maximize cooling, and the heater did come around..strong as ever. The plug bolt is where sending unit used to be.I found a spare 16mmx1.5 bolt..lucky, I thought I used all of them.Expensive buggers. I then by freak chance found a nut that fit it. I set the depth exact to maximize hole opening while using all threads…then locked nut. This leaves a lot more opening for fluid then the sending unit clogging the whole opening. The pressure in this area is astounding. it still gained a drop pretending to leak..then won (photo). The new placement of the sending unit was right next door where a thermal vacuum switch used to be. It is not dipped in coolant anymore, the hole is sitting on an empty plateau. Lo and behold I got the same exact reading.

I'll just park the crazy sending unit next to japan.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

wd40 ? oy vey

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              Joe - certainly you have on that involves safety wire? I still hope to set up a set of allen head stainless header bolts drilled and safety wired.... lots of work to do the first time, but no way they're vibrating out after that.
              stage 8 bolts, better than safety wire..

Comment

Working...
              X