Not one for the fake patina, but this looks well done in the pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not one for the fake patina, but this looks well done in the pics

It might just be the pictures or the distance away from the car but it almost looks real to me. Of course I'm down south and really don't see much real rust on cars to compare it to. The close up of the glove box looks really fake. What do ya'll think?

If thats real i'll shake his hand on the way out...What happened to nice glossy black?
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

the car was built in houston texas 3 years ago, a airbrush artist in my area did all the paint work, the car is actually smooth as glass, I met the owner at a show in early 09 and got to talking to him about it, even got to go for a ride in it, here we are at the gas station getttin gas before the cruise

Last edited by BOOOGHAR; November 16, 2011, 08:54 PM.
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Okay, I've been looking maybe Brian knows.......That duster....nostalgia funnycar, 340...I can't find a pic
        Originally posted by TC

Comment

I'm not one for fake patina either, but there is a BIG difference between faking patina and then making a car look like it spent most of it's life driving around in New England winters. Too much work done to make that car look like a total turd
          1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
          2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
          2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Again, I fail to get it. There are no shortage of rusty VWs so why not get a REAL rust bucket?

Dan

Comment

I can't find any pics, but this will have to do for now.

Now I don't know about you guys, but that is pretty cool!
              Last edited by A/Fuel; November 16, 2011, 09:56 PM.
              Originally posted by TC

Comment

I still like that bug.

I think I saw it three years ago getting famous on the web if I am not mistaken.

it takes awhile to earn the appearance. Somehow a pun there.

My old ricer ..the last of carbed boxers known to man- (25 as of right this moment) has no patina worth anything and will never look good again. What the hell do I call that?

I do like the lightning bubbles.. the blue in the glass...slag embedded from a backyard weld.
                A grill that says who gives a shit, tug on me.

patina? or new england.
                new england rust and patina don't go together.. it dies long before then.

the patina stuff is slow earned and southern.

in different circumstance, I'd give the asking price..but I don't know art anyway. too much, or too little..it is still art to anyone who responds with an opinion.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 16, 2011, 10:29 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I've owned my share of rust buckets. I don't get it about making a non rusty car look rusty. I do like patinaed cars, but spraying on rust just seems like a desperate attempt to fit in with the latest fad.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Again, I fail to get it. There are no shortage of rusty VWs so why not get a REAL rust bucket?

Dan
                    Safety perhaps. Car looks the part but is rock solid. Ever have a rear control arm or the gas tank straps rust off a car when your driving down the road?
                    58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

I try not to drive cars that are or look like rust buckets. Like I said, I just don't get the whole deal. But then, I don't get football either.

Dan

Comment

I distain that fake patina. A car has to earn it or it's bullshit.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Comment

afew years ago there was a glass ford coupe making the rounds that was a fake job..they went so far as to make rust holes ..... they did a great job on it...

Comment

Working...
                            X