Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you build a 4 door muscle era car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you build a 4 door muscle era car?

I found a '67 Chevelle 4 door in the local salvage yard that is in really good condition. It's a burnt orange/tan interior car with a 6cyl. it appears to be a complete, solid, straight, body with nice chrome and interior.

Story is that it was sold to a person in GA but shipping couldn't be arranged so the seller scrapped it. I'm going to have a second look this morning and make sure its solid before I ask about it. Need to poke around underneath and see the frame.
    I've bought cars from this place before and it's hit or miss as to wether or not you can get a good deal so we'll see.

I've already saved a solid '70 Cougar XR7 this week that was mid resto from meeting the same fate. I may not build it myself but at least it can go to somebody who will build it and not junk it. Pisses me off when I see that.

Andy, yes...yes...yes!

I am more door and wagon hunting these days for a DD.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      Andy, yes...yes...yes!

I am more door and wagon hunting these days for a DD.

Brian
      If you dont mind doing a motor/trans swap and some brakes, tires, exhaust, etc, I know of a bad ass '58 Edsel Wagon. Been parked in a barn since '66 when it came from OK. One fender is banged up but not enough to keep me from driving it.

Comment

Yes, Practical and cool.
        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

only a wagon for me-more doors are fugly
          67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
          05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

All depends on what it is, and how it's done...like anything else.

Something like the old CJTV '65 Chevelle Crew Cab proves that a more-door can be bitchin'.

Comment

I like the hardtop up there, posts kinda bug me sometimes, but not as bad on 2 doors.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I just got back from looking it over again. Its a little rough around the edges. Definitely worth saving but I need to talk to the yard owner and he wasn't there today. It was raining and getting dark when I saw it so going back to check it was the smar thing to do. It has more rust than I thought, hole in bottom of each quarter, both fenders, and the seat is torn near the door, but it's absolutley coomplete and looks like it could be driven out of there.

Comment

I'd love to build a Hornet 4dr w/4.6L stroked 4.0L & a 5spd...

Comment

I think 4 door HTs are cool - like the '65 Impala that Brian and I saw here in Wilmington. BBMs 4 door HT Chrysler wagon is absolutely amazing. Four door pillar cars - not so much in my book but to each his own.

Dan

Comment

I wouldn't, but I can understand why you guys up north would....
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

i would

but then agian i am building a grand marquis and had a sedan GTX lol
                        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I wouldn't build one. I would daily drive one though. Just wouldn't put a lot of cash in one. Too many two door pick ups out there for that. My only exception is wagons and 94-96 Impals. they just look wicked.
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

NO!!!!!, Four Dork..........

Comment

Hell yeah!

I'd love to have one to DD. A 71 Torino more door came up in my price range but "its impractical for winter"....
                              Local person
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X