No announcement yet.

Thoughts and opinion ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much were the tags fer that mofo!!!!!!!! Should you buy it....that was a joke right.

Comment

In my best Ted voice .... DUDE - Do you own it yet?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You know?.... I talked to this guy "Chris" yesterday morning. Told him I had to work for a bit (he was also at work and usually got home around 2:30), I'd run by the bank and meet him at 2:30 ish. He never gave me an address, but told me that the car was parked in a lot @ 13th & Lafayette and he lived in one of the buildings there ..... Just call him and he'd come down.

I take my buddy who is still on the job with me to go look at it. Can't find it anywhere around 13th & Lafayette, I call "Chris" back but no answer and try a few more times before we split around 4:45 (I get skeerred being in the city after dark you know)....no call back as of yet.

I asked the guy about his phone # when I first talked to him .... the area code is wrong for Denver......hmmmm? His answer was he just moved from Nevada and hasn't changed his # ...... plausible.

The add is still active on CL. I'll keep trying to get a hold of him, but I'm thinking something is a little hinky with this deal ... I'll keep you posted!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Damn it!
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I know a guy in Michigan with some FEs.

Dan
            Speaking of Nigerians or speaking of scams?

in all seriousness, I've learned this lesson - never, ever, ever meet someone to buy a large purchase on CL... meet them at their house
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 23, 2011, 07:57 AM.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

If this is legit (and closer), that mo fo would be in my driveway tomorrow!
              Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                Speaking of Nigerians or speaking of scams?

in all seriousness, I've learned this lesson - never, ever, ever meet someone to buy a large purchase on CL... meet them at their house

And I agree 1000% .... got a friend that works that area on dayshift looking around in his travels as well ....

Something about this car screams Sheriff Taylor!!! to me ...

Comment

I certainly hope this does not turn into a wild goose chase for you - hopefully he actually has a legit title to go with the car.

One good reason for CCW - dealio's like this.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I just said this to BuickGuy. LA is full of people from elsewhere and full of out of state phone numbers. Chad still has a Texas phone number and he's been here for years.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Did you tell him you are a cop? I run like crazy when I hear that!
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                        me too!
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Never run! Professional Target Shooters enjoy a challenge!
                          Last edited by STINEY; November 23, 2011, 01:55 PM.
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post

HA! but I'm not .... been retired for a few years now. That's why I took my buddy ... he still is!

Comment

Bummer.

If it sounds to good to be true...you're about to get separated from your money.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                              X