No announcement yet.

car thieves just flat SUCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding! I'd call that a nice Thanksgiving present!
    Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

went to get my truck back this morning....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00428.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	858698
      my wifes uncle owns a scrap yard, so he let me borrow the roll back. the impound yard told me they didnt think it would run.

Get to Omaha, pay my 93 dollar tow bill.
      when i walk up to the truck, the first thing i notice is... cool, still has the wheels and tires!
      then i notice the cargo door..

Name:	IMG00431.jpg
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	858699
      damn, that lock was punched??
      then i went to the driver door.

Name:	IMG00432.jpg
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	858700
      f... they punched 2 locks. arrrrgh, a holes!
      then this

Name:	IMG00443.jpg
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	858701
      ok, that i was expecting.... so jump in(crap...all my stuff is gone-jumper cables etc.)
      manipulated the column to get it started....
      damn it, it runs, but the freaking converter has been cut out.... scum bags, sons of biatches

got it out of the back lot, then noticed...

Name:	IMG00430.jpg
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	858702
      they scraped the entire passenger side down something. from the grille to behind the rear tire, even creasing the wheel lip trim.

also found a one hitter pipe, and a glass pipe... those things stayed at the impound lot in Omaha.
      Last edited by 1badmonkey; November 28, 2011, 08:24 PM.
      Charles

Comment

Crackheads...assholes.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

So......any idea how much work and $dollars it'll take to get it
          back running again?
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Ouch.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

this thing was stolen from my shop, a tire store that i opened 3 months ago. it took about 4 hours with the round trip to Omaha, and paperwork and crap, so when i got back to the shop, i had to get busy and get caugt up.... which means i didnt have a chance to figure the cost of any repairs.

a couple of funny things... the truck left empty, and came back with a half tank of gas... and oddly a new set of windshield wipers.
              also, when they cut the converter off, they left it in the back of the truck.

along with 2 complete sets of SK brand 1/2" dr sockets and drive tools, and a complete set of SK wrenches, in a roll up pouch. and a complete first aid box. a hand saw, 3 or 4 hammers, 2 sections of chain and some other misc crap.

the d bags also tossed the 3rd row seat. f-ing d-bags
              Last edited by 1badmonkey; November 28, 2011, 08:34 PM.
              Charles

Comment

and again, Thanks for letting me vent!
                Charles

Comment

Too bad it was not like a hundred years ago when you stole a man's horse it was a hangin offense. Today, you steal a man's ride, its a hangin offense.

Oh well, glad you got it back pretty much in one piece. It sure could have been worse. Maybe time for some security cams at the shop?
                  Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

for now, the truck will get parked in one of the bays at night.
                    Charles

Comment

Glad to here you got it back. Need painting or will that scrap buff out. Oh by the way...what's a one hitter pipe? Yes I'm really that niece.The steering column looks like I figured it would. It just shouldn't be that easy to defeat the lock. They Should have made the main part of steel.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

How about a locomotive horn inside(Under the seat),that starts as soon as the alarm starts?...It should be difficult to steal it with that sound around....

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                          How about a locomotive horn inside(Under the seat),that starts as soon as the alarm starts?...It should be difficult to steal it with that sound around....
                          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

they make a collar for g.m. tilt colums NOW is a great time to install it..
                            when my cars are at a shop. there is a 8x11 sheet of paper taped to wheel.. it says no brakes.. works better than any alarm

Comment

I like the horn AND "no brakes" warning sign.......
                              Last edited by 70chevyC-10; November 29, 2011, 06:30 PM.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                                I like the horn AND "no brakes" warning sign.......
                                horn sucks,, first time it goes off on you, you'll heave it..

Comment

Working...
                                X