X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire buying experience....Made In USA

So I have the wife's car today......was low on fuel, I said take mine
    to work and I'll fuel it up.

Go out to my buddy's shop where the shoebox is........low air light comes on....in a matter of minutes it goes flat.
    I could tell I ruined the sidewall.........so put on spare and off to the tire place.

Told 'em don't want to replace just one tire and have them mis-matched.

I price some Pirelli's and Goodyear.
    I'm thinkin those Pirelli's should be a good tire.........I mean they are Pirelli's...right?

They pull the car around to bay to install.........don't know why I thought to ask....but I
    inquired where they were made?

China!!

WTF!!

So I tell the guy.........grab the Goodyear's....he says they're $76 more.......I says I don't
    give shit if they're $776 more.........they're made in the USA.

He's was cool and says he gets a lot of that.

I tell ya .......you really gotta do some checking to see just where the hell stuff comes from today.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Akron, Ohio thanks you!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

of my last 2 sets of Goodyears - one set made in Japan the other in Germany..... Guessing Akron isn't too busy any more...... sad

Comment

Firestones Puller 2000 tires are Still built in Des Moines Iowa I believe, But at $5000 a tire they should be made here.....

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100truck View Post
            of my last 2 sets of Goodyears - one set made in Japan the other in Germany..... Guessing Akron isn't too busy any more...... sad
            the silica compounds..what country allows that anyway without pollutant standards.
            I am running yokohamas. That is something about asian..they go ape on their own environment like a wild pack of monkeys before acknowledging suicide...then sell it for pennies.

the russians now in WTO..that can do something big to alleviate the insanity. Not to drift off subject..

usa is still afraid of steel. where in heck are tires getting made with ambivelant chemistry.
            this subject and my dads rig.. holy crap.

tires prices change so often, this telle me usa is not in any equal way at all.

they got so pricey.. his next rig sale will not go through unless they swap all the tires for the 10g he just spent in his old one..

I just learn what is really functioning, brand name? yeah right... like finding a chevy 3 main bearing boxer engine.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 23, 2011, 05:19 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

yes, world head quarters Akron OH, Manufacturing, not so much.

Coopertires, Findley OH, are made in USA. When I went to buy tires a few years ago, I sent them a email. They stated that If they say Cooper on them they are made in the USA. They have a few affiliate tire makes that are make else ware.
              Last edited by nesabo; November 23, 2011, 05:28 PM.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
              X