Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Thanksgiving! Who is spending some time under their car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was working on my daily driver I just picked up. 03 Saab 9-5 Aero. Owner sold it dirt cheap because it had an oil leak that the shop told him would be big bucks to fix. $20 oil cooler o-rings and 30 minutes later and she's all set. Lowered springs, Koni adjustables, some bolt ons, 300hp tuned ECU, automatic with paddle shifters. Awesome car. I freaking stole this thing!

Comment

Hell ya! Polished the wheels and check out the undercarriage, getting ready for the March Meet. We will be snowed in until then....
      I couldn't fix your brakes so I made your horn louder.

Comment

Spent my time under the Firebird

www.lowlandsXtreme.com --- Facebook: lowlandsXtreme

Comment

Yikes Gerrit, I would at least put some more failsafe-supports under that car, maybe like the wheels or something like that.
          Those jackstands don't become more stable when they are extended all the way out.
          You don't want the wife to have to spend christmas alone now you hear ! ;)

I'll off to the garage and start fumbling that 3rd gen. Hemi I brought home yesterday.
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Herman, the engine is out so the car weighs allmost nothing.
            Just kidding... I'll put some rims under the car before I crawl under it to remove the trans.

Have fun with the trunk load of Hemi stuff you brought home.
            www.lowlandsXtreme.com --- Facebook: lowlandsXtreme

Comment

Got the gas tank dropped and sitting on saw horses. That SOB had more gas in it than I thought it did. Glad my son was around so he could help me move it and get all the fuel out of it. Time to drop in the new fuel pump and get it back in the van.
              Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Put tires on the front of my daughters S-10 blazer. See lost 1/3 of the tread off on of the tires in Ky on here way home from college (N.C.) . Blower motor was squealing so I got one out of my stash. Bought a heater core since it wasn't producing heat.....This is now sunday.....after lunch is done I'll finish that. Got the core exposeded last night. What a bear!
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Fuel pump R and R done. Man, that was a pain in the ass. Whoever told GM that putting the fuel pump and sender together was a good idea needs to have their ass kicked...
                  Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

bye bye studebaker.... as for the rest - nope, decorations and moving a very large Christmas tree will sap my mechanical energy.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nope, but we did get to do this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-11-27_14-06-32_402.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	858683

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-11-27_14-04-23_117.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	858684
                      "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

As a last minute idea from a pepboy's special, I picked up two car tents (for lack of a better word?).

Put one up today. I'll put the second one up where the Centurion is. I already moved the Centurion. Also I have a car cover coming in the mail for the T-bird. It'll be a nice experiment to see how it handles the little bit of snow Ely gets.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Check out the lil sniper. What kind of rifle is that?
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            Check out the lil sniper. What kind of rifle is that?
                            Brand new Ruger 10-22, with a Bushnell 3-9x40.
                            "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

I learned on something similar. It was a semi auto .22 Winchester with a scope. It's been so long I can't remember the specs on it.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I've had so many 10-22s that I've seriously lost count (I wear them out).... they're such a great plinking gun - and excellent for varmint control (and pretty quiet - a necessity where I live)
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X