No announcement yet.

who is still eating left-overs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a big, fat Cheesesteak for dinner last night. And a hunk of Pumpkin Pie about 2 hours later...Kinda' burned out on Turkey at this point.
    Time Wasters...
    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Maybe I'll try a chicken out first, like a T&T night.
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

had many people over this year. and sent them off with "extras" so we where out of turkey friday... still have some stuffing, and pumpkin pie..(1/2 pie not bad with all the baked goods I made) mother made soup out of the shell of the bird.. and had to add turkey as the carver skinned it good.... but that we froze..

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
          Maybe I'll try a chicken out first, like a T&T night.

3 to 3.5 min per pound, keep the oil at 350 and youre in there...just make sure you pat the meat dry before putting it in the oil...it is great for wing night too...cheap wings, dunk them in the oil for about 7 minutes and then your fries for about 4 min...use peanut oil or a peanut oil blend
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Screw the friers, this year I slow cooked a 14 lb bird in a Big Green Egg (ceramic cooker). Sweet mother of juicy awesomeness!! my family didn't believe that the Egg would do a better turkey than the Frier (last year). They're believers now. It took 4.5 hours to get it from 42 degrees to 165 degrees in the breast. There was no liquid in the drip pan because it all stayed inside the meat. Leftovers have been very good and juicy too.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

the egg is an amazing thing...the cost of the egg is equilly amazing.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                the egg is an amazing thing...the cost of the egg is equilly amazing.
                Ceramics are expensive, I paid just under $800 for my "medium" egg 3 years ago, and I've cooked with it approximately 4 nights per week since then. It's only on it's 5th bag of lump charcoal, so - the fuel savings over propane has almost paid the difference this far.

Meanwhile I have a $3500 oven in the house that gets lit maybe twice a month. When I bought the egg I had no idea that we'd be cooking on it almost every night, but it's that easy to use (from zero to cook-ready in exactly ten minutes), and on the weekends searing steaks like a Ruth's Chris at 1200+ degrees is pure awesomeness.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Went to a friends house for thanksgiving. Didn't bring home any leftovers. But I smoked a turkey today. Started it at about 10am and it will be done around now, 6pm.
                  OH YEAH
                  Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                    Ceramics are expensive, I paid just under $800 for my "medium" egg 3 years ago, and I've cooked with it approximately 4 nights per week since then. It's only on it's 5th bag of lump charcoal, so - the fuel savings over propane has almost paid the difference this far.

Meanwhile I have a $3500 oven in the house that gets lit maybe twice a month. When I bought the egg I had no idea that we'd be cooking on it almost every night, but it's that easy to use (from zero to cook-ready in exactly ten minutes), and on the weekends searing steaks like a Ruth's Chris at 1200+ degrees is pure awesomeness.
                    No doubt, I want one...some day. I looked at a few different models, like the "green keg" much the same as the egg...but keg shapped...go figure lol. It runs about 400 but I am from the school of thought that the originals are always the best...just like restaraunts...one place is a hit so they open 3 more but they are never quite as good.

Comment

I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast - and I'm still disappointed that I didn't get to use the fire extinguisher. It was deep fried without incident. Yumminess. I'll grind up some in the food processor with miracle whip for cracker spread. More yumminess.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                        No doubt, I want one...some day. I looked at a few different models, like the "green keg" much the same as the egg...but keg shapped...go figure lol. It runs about 400 but I am from the school of thought that the originals are always the best...just like restaraunts...one place is a hit so they open 3 more but they are never quite as good.
                        You ca go with pretty much any "ceramic" cooker, there are a number of different manufacturers. Beware the cheaper similar looking grills that are not made of ceramics though. Like the "Big Steel Keg" I saw at Home Depot. Shaped like an egg but made out of steel. Not the same.

Comment

Working...
                        X