Spidey/GM techs....1993 Caddy Fleetwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spidey/GM techs....1993 Caddy Fleetwood

I think I am going to check this thing out tomorrow morning. Basically a gussied up Caprice, right?

LT1 motor, has a bunch of whiz bang gadgets (heated seats, etc). Those make me nervous, but what else should I be looking for?
    That which you manifest is before you.

Coolant leaks around the water pump, front crank seal leaking oil into the opti-spark,
    vacuum leaks, are all problem areas. If the car was cared for, these issues may
    have been handled already.

Milage?
    Maint. records?

Comment

It is an old man mobile with 125k. Dude says he has all the records, so hopefully they do!

Comment

Originally posted by min301 View Post
        Coolant leaks around the water pump, front crank seal leaking oil into the opti-spark,
        vacuum leaks, are all problem areas. If the car was cared for, these issues may
        have been handled already.

Milage?
        Maint. records?
        Sounds like typical LT1 problem areas, same issues to look for in the Caprice, Buick's and F-bodies.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

DisplacementPowerTorque350 cu in (5.7 L) L05 V8185 hp (138 kW)304 lb

350 cu in (5.7 L) LT1 V8260 hp (190 kW)330 lb

it's a first year car the 92 was frontdrive with the wonderfull 4100
          first year cars have all the oops
          Last edited by Stich496; November 29, 2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Make sure it has a lt1 -350 ....I didn't think the b-bodies got them till 94. Cool thing about the caddy compared to the other b-bodies is they are longer in the rear passenger area. More leg room for adults
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

93 is a throttle body
              check for limo package , it would have a 9.5 inch rear axle

Comment

Fleetwood's were never FWD and I don think that is an LT1.The Deville is/was FWD . Still a good car though,we had a Roadmaster ,great on the road and good MPG big trunk too.Check the bottom of the rear 1/4's they rot.

Comment

Not an LT1....I'm not interested any more.

Thanks for saving me the trip, dudes!

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                    Fleetwood's were never FWD and I don think that is an LT1.The Deville is/was FWD . Still a good car though,we had a Roadmaster ,great on the road and good MPG big trunk too.Check the bottom of the rear 1/4's they rot.
                    fleetwoods were all fwd ..fleetwood BROUGHAM is rwd

the first $$40k c car was a fwd sixty special fleetwood 4.9 fwd in 91
                    Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; November 29, 2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Here's the ad for the car. Pretty clean lookin' for the money

Comment

deville was FWD 1993 and the fleetwood was RWD

Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                          Here's the ad for the car. Pretty clean lookin' for the money

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/2687629655.html
                          That looks like a nice one !

Comment

For the 1992 model year, only 554 Sixty Special sedans (priced at $39,860) were produced.

In 1993, the Fleetwood name went onto a new, rear-wheel drive vehicle (a replacement for the Cadillac Brougham), so the 1992 front-drive Fleetwood merged with the Sixty Special to become the 1993 Sixty Special (available only as a four door). This was a step-down in furnishings and standard equipment for Sixty Special, as the car was similarly equipped to the 1992 Fleetwood it had replaced. Velour upholstery was now standard, leather optional. While Sixty Special retained genuine American walnut trim on the doors and dashboard, the custom seating that made the Sixty-Special unique since 1989 was now optional, available as part of a $3,550 "Ultra" package. Only 686 of the 5,286 Sixty Specials (priced at $37,230) built in 1993 were ordered with the "Ultra" interior. A 1993 Sixty Special Coupe was planned, and is referred to in the "Advance Preview Book" (a supplement that Cadillac dealer's received in July 1992 offering information about the upcoming 1993 model year). However, by September 12 of that year, the coupe was dropped from production after just one model was built

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                              not to piss on your wheaties

but

A new front wheel drive C-body platform was introduced in 1985. The Fleetwood shared the same 110.8 inches (2,810 mm) wheelbase as the other C-body cars, the de Ville, Buick Electra, and Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight. The Fleetwood Brougham continued to use the RWD platform, (which was redesignated as "D-body" for 1985) through 1986.
                              There was little more than trim differenced between the Fleetwood and the de Ville. And technically the 1986 Fleetwood was an option package of the de Ville so strictly speaking not a separate series. In 1987 the Fleetwood was restored to separate series status but was technically called Fleetwood D'Elegance through 1988.
                              The 1987 and 1988 Sixty Special used a stretched 115.8 inches (2,940 mm) version of the new C-body, while the 1985 through 1987 Series 75 used a 134.4 inches (3,410 mm) stretched version of the same basic platform.
                              The aluminum 4.1 L HT-4100 V8 was replaced by the 4.5 L HT-4500 for 1988. The engine was upped to 4.9 L for 1991's HT-4900.
                              Starting in 1989 the Fleetwood coupe remained on the old 110.8 in (2,810 mm) wheelbase, while the sedan saw its wheelbase increased to 113.8 in (2891 mm). The US$30,000 sticker price was a bargain compared to the large German luxury cars of the time, but Car and Driver felt that there was no comparison. They felt that the ride was "harsh", surprising when combined with a "feeble" .67 g of cornering grip. And the 155 hp (116 kW) V8 could only manage 10.9 s to 60 mph (97 km/h) for the 3,615 lb (1,640 kg) car.
                              Power jumped to 180 hp (130 kW) from the same 4.5 L engine for 1990 through the use of a dual-stage intake manifold and other changes. It was replaced by the 200 hp (150 kW) 4.9 L HT-4900 for 1991.

Comment

Working...
                              X