Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

traded my $20 truck for something else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traded my $20 truck for something else...

traded my $20 silverado ($300 if you include the gas money used and previous registration on the cars used to get it) for this 71 monte, it has a solid roller 355 in it with 12.5:1 compression, dart iron eagle heads and .630-ish lift cam (the guy didnt remember the exact specs) it has a fully built RMVB th350 in it with a 3500 stall converter and a trans brake, a 12 bolt rear with a spool, 4.10's and 33 spline axles. its fully caged and has a bunch of things done to the suspension and has an NOS nitrous system in it, it runs 11.80's naturally aspirated through the headers with the slicks (came with weld draglites with slicks and skinnies too) and 10.80's on the nitrous with the slicks

here are the only pics i have of it right now, ill get more later when i get another phone because mine crapped out.

with the gas money i used to go get it from mass i have $555 into this thing

and heres a picture the previous owner sent me of it leaving off the transbrake

formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
    http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

no comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
      no comment
      i must have traded him some drugs for it too, right?

Comment

eat.my.ass....I mean that in the nicest way lol!
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I hate you! Not really but man I love those things!
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

What town did you grab it from? I think I know that car.

One thing I will add is that the car in the photo is not the car you have. That car is currently still racing at NED and it does not have slapper bars on it. That photo is from about 6 years ago when Hooters sponsored the IHRA.
            Last edited by Brian Lohnes; November 29, 2011, 02:07 PM.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post

One thing I will add is that the car in the photo is not the car you have. That car is currently still racing at NED and it does not have slapper bars on it. That photo is from about 6 years ago when Hooters sponsored the IHRA.
              wonder what else isn't true .... just kidding
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

hmmm, my car has summer nationals stickers from 1995-2000 on it and the same IHRA sticker in the same exact place as that car, and the car came from littleton mass

here are the pictures the previous owner sent me

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

my car has the fiberglass bumper on it too, its just been painted silver since then and i have the exact wheels and tires from that picture sitting in my garage, it still has the holes in the trunk lid from the spoiler that used to be on it too haha

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  wonder what else isn't true .... just kidding
                  not sure haha, but the butt dyno says itll run what the guy claimed, it pulls a lot harder than my buddies 12.8 1/4 mile roush mustang, and has a trans brake, slicks and drag springs/shocks/airbags/control arms etc.

Comment

Hey, either way the thing looks pretty hairy.

Burnout videos better be in our future!
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Not bad, not bad....... you've got the horse-trading gene, that's for sure.

Just curious here, not trying to rain on your parade at all, but you do not intend to drive that AT ALL this winter do you? Cause that's a sure fire ticket into the nearest ditch in bad weather.

Looks like you are all drag week ready, right?
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                        Not bad, not bad....... you've got the horse-trading gene, that's for sure.

Just curious here, not trying to rain on your parade at all, but you do not intend to drive that AT ALL this winter do you? Cause that's a sure fire ticket into the nearest ditch in bad weather.

Looks like you are all drag week ready, right?
                        we still havent had more than 3-4 inches at a time up here and its always been melted the next day or within a few days and the roads are usually clear, so as long as the roads are bare ill drive it, im sure i can handle it though, all ive ever driven in the winter is rear wheel drive v8 cars with limited slip rearends haha

and i would love to bring it on drag week if i had the money to do it im sure the car would hold together, its been like this since the mid-90's

Comment

Hey, either way the thing looks pretty hairy.

Burnout videos better be in our future!
                          ill probably make one once i get it registered, it has line lock

Comment

looking good ..how much ? .................really
                            that would be 10k car in joisey

Comment

you know at this point i will be more impressed if you can keep it for a full year LMFAO

o go through alot of cars but most of them never even get titled
                              Last edited by Mater; November 29, 2011, 03:46 PM.
                              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
                              X