No announcement yet.

Update on Bugatti that went in the lake, Insurance will not pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny, that happened 15 miles south of me, my neighbor who does my tows was the one who pulled that car out of the water, we had a interesting conversation about what happened, i'll leave it at that
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

insurance is all about odds. The insurance company has done an analysis on this case and has nothing to lose and everything to gain. I deal with this on a daily basis, no news here. I'd have been more surprised if they hadn't taken this to Court. You want another example? Insurance companies tried to deny the claims on the WTC destruction as well, and it was amazing to read the schemes they tried to avoid paying... fortunately, they had to pay - but they were rewarded by a settlement (meaning the owners took less than what they were promised).

And Scott, an insurance company saying that "increased theft" is the reason your premiums went up is circular logic. The crime rate isn't appreciably up, and insurance companies make most of their money loaning the money they've collect to people who own homes as mortgages.... thus to claim increased theft is causing your premiums to go up hides the fact that their real losses are defaults.... which are exceptionally high, but no longer in the news because it's the same story
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Brian, no way is that a Super Sports Veyron. Doesn't have the body mods. That's just a standard Veyron (snort!).

Veyron SS:

Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

premiums didnt go up. Requirements for collector car insurance coverage increased. There were a series of six figure cars ripped off last year and not recovered. Lots of late fifties Chevy converts.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I would've loved a ride before he decided to go snorkeling
            STUGOTS

Comment

wonder what the price tag for that as a rebuildable is..

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                funny, that happened 15 miles south of me, my neighbor who does my tows was the one who pulled that car out of the water, we had a interesting conversation about what happened, i'll leave it at that
                Ya big tease!
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

my opinion - not that it matters....

Guy didn't really "swerve" into the lake, more like a gentle turn..... then left the engine running for 15 minutes because there were mosquitos near the car? Not insurance fraud at all, nope, totally believable story........

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100truck View Post
                    my opinion - not that it matters....

Guy didn't really "swerve" into the lake, more like a gentle turn..... then left the engine running for 15 minutes because there were mosquitos near the car? Not insurance fraud at all, nope, totally believable story........
                    wait, a guy drives into the drink and he should shut off the key, but not the racer out of shape on the track, ya totally believable story

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                      wait, a guy drives into the drink and he should shut off the key, but not the racer out of shape on the track, ya totally believable story
                      Didn't say he had to turn it off before he hit the water or even right after he hit the water - it ran for 15 MINUTES and his reason for not turning it off was there were too many mosquitos near the car.....Really, million dollar plus car and mosquitos keep you from turning shutting the engine off? Nothing about the guy being knocked out, he got out of the car and was just fine, his only problem was that someone filmed the whole incident.

Screw him, bullshit like this is part of the reason why insurance rates are as high as they are, seems every couple of years where I live there will be a bust regarding set up accidents, faked injuries, etc. Insurance fraud is the same as theft. Intrest free loan for the car, quick insurance payback, yeah, believable story.....

Comment

guess shock doesn't come into play, right.. motor skills and thought , only allowed to be lacking at the drags, got it..

Comment

sure looked like a deliberate act to me. Slow swerve into the water at low (for a veyron) speeds. that+ interest free loan sure sounds like fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by stangbanger View Post
                            sure looked like a deliberate act to me. Slow swerve into the water at low (for a veyron) speeds. that+ interest free loan sure sounds like fraud.
                            exactly.....

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                              guess shock doesn't come into play, right.. motor skills and thought , only allowed to be lacking at the drags, got it..
                              The owner himself said that he didn't shut it off because of the mosquitos - doesn't say anything about shock..... it's a bullshit story.

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100truck View Post
                                The owner himself said that he didn't shut it off because of the mosquitos - doesn't say anything about shock..... it's a bullshit story.
                                if you where to defraud an insurance co. you'd have had better replies already mapped out in your head....

Comment

Working...
                                X