No announcement yet.

Dirtiest cars in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mileage and emissions are not necessarily in direct proportion, sometimes you have to loose mileage to meet emissions, it happens quite often for OEM calibrators who have a lot more to worry about than just making more power or using less fuel.

It's easy to get better fuel mileage than OEMs can - because we don't have to meet emissions with our "modified" cars.

Henry J's advertised 36mpg when new - and I think that's plausible - without meeting emissions - which wasn't required when they were new.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by stangbanger View Post

Of course the production of the batteries is largely unregulated due to most of it occuring in third world countries..........
      I thought I seen Obama at lithium ion plant this year in Liviona, Michigan. Isn't that where the Chevy Volt's batterys are made?
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
        I thought I seen Obama at lithium ion plant this year in Liviona, Michigan. Isn't that where the Chevy Volt's batterys are made?
        Thought they made Volt batteries at the Bic or Zippo factory.......

I should rephrase my comment. The raw materials are mined and processed in third world countries. Not sure where they are assembled.
        Last edited by stangbanger; December 1, 2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

that explain their cost, the epa regs hehe

Comment

I should rephrase my comment. The raw materials are mined and processed in third world countries. Not sure where they are assembled.
            toyo's (last I heard) start in canada then off to china then japan, then they sell the little ####ers to those that live by the not in my back yard, then there is no problem..

Comment

That plant got a $249 million grant last year from the DOE, and just announced lay-offs this month.....Thats the only reason I know that. I seen it on the news.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                That plant got a $249 million grant last year from the DOE, and just announced lay-offs this month.....Thats the only reason I know that. I seen it on the news.
                YA AND A CAR COMP IN FINLAND ALSO got a grant from them. go fig.. your tax dollars at work

Comment

lithium is mostly mind in south america.
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
                  X