Blue Point tools question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Point tools question

Are they lifetime garantee like Snap On? I have a balancer install tool and that big bearing's worn out. Thanks
    STUGOTS

Should be, but if any question needs answered, contact Snap-On, or a local dealer.

Comment

blue point is snap ons lower line, and yes they warrenty blue point as long as it doesnt show signs of abuse
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

All SNAP-ON and BLUE-POINT tools carry a full warranty the duration of which depends upon the nature of the tool.
        For BLUE-POINT brand hand tools, unless otherwise specified with the tool, the warranty is also a LIFETIME warranty effective as long as you own the tool.

I have the last American made blue point wrench ..it was my great grandfathers from around 1912 LOL
        Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; November 30, 2011, 07:15 PM.

Comment

i had a heated talk about a 3/8s end wrench (snap-on)that was slipping off bolts..(worn out) the dealer said he didnt have to warrenty the wrench because it had worn out rather than brake....he said that if it was cracked or broke it would be covered...
          so i took the wrench back into the shop mounted a punch in the vise, narrow end up,slid the box end down on the punch. whacked it down ward with a hammer .split the box end wide open... took it back to him said "here it just broke" he wasnt too happy but gave me a new one.... my old dealer had done this many times in front of me ..said this is how you cover worn out tools...

Comment

my dealer warranty' s stuff for me ................... no questions asked

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
              i had a heated talk about a 3/8s end wrench (snap-on)that was slipping off bolts..(worn out) the dealer said he didnt have to warrenty the wrench because it had worn out rather than brake....he said that if it was cracked or broke it would be covered...
              so i took the wrench back into the shop mounted a punch in the vise, narrow end up,slid the box end down on the punch. whacked it down ward with a hammer .split the box end wide open... took it back to him said "here it just broke" he wasnt too happy but gave me a new one.... my old dealer had done this many times in front of me ..said this is how you cover worn out tools...
              clever.
              if it does wer.. it ought to be broken anyway.

I played that game with ratchets. I still kill them.

I finally kept one, and welded it..became a breaker bar. I then used the breaker bar for a pitchstop on a subaru engine..
              the warranty stuff can only get you thinking and acting with ingenuity.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
              X