Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad it's a sportwagon

I want a long roof - but look what popped up in my neck of the woods

65 Buick SPORTWAGON - $2500 (Kent / Des Moines)

Date: 2011-12-01, 5:39PM PST
    Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

Make an offer (no lowball) and drive this cool wagon home today!

ONLY TRADE I MAY CONSIDER is a good solid running VW bug, BUS, karmann ghia.

It Runs and Drives good. BUT NOT A DAILY DRIVER
    It has been sat for years and needs gone through
    I drove it back from Lynnwood to Des Moines with no problem
    Good glass
    SOLID rockers
    Floor looks good
    Nice roof
    Brake pulls the the left
    Wiper doesn't work, missing switch.
    Rear hatch won't open, so does rear glass. Missing switch?
    Original V 8, Auto transmission
    Original paint
    Good glass
    Original interior
    Got it from its ORIGINAL OWNER
    Needs some clean up.
    May need new battery, I can get one new/rebuild battery for a serious buyer.
    All original
    VERY VERY SOLID!
    Clean title.
    206-353-7 five five five

TRADE FOR VW BUS/BUG/KARMANN GHIA/ACCORD/CIVIC/EL CAMINO/SUBURBAN

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2731289539
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 1, 2011, 10:19 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

to bad, why no third row seat

Comment

wait for it

Comment

Go get it.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

My friend is building the exact twin to that car .It has air ride and will have an olds 350.I think its going to the paint shop after Christmas.

Comment

layin frame

Comment

Fix the cigarette lighter.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Go for it - looks cool, screw the lighter buy a BIC.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  Go get it.
                  there it is

it's all yours if you want it, Scott

Comment

Put in a nice 425 Nailhead with Riv 2 x 4 set up.......OH...Baby

Comment

Why "too bad?"

What do you mean, "Too bad its a Sportwagon"? [Is that one word or two?] It's better than that FLINTstone-Flyer drop-head Bu' that DF rescued/road tripped for that vanity story a few months back in HRM. Those Vista Cruiser-style roof windows are totally bitchin, Dude!

I love the line " I can get one new/rebuild battery for a serious buyer." How "serious" can you be if you can't afford a battery? Maybe he's afraid the trading buyer is going to snatch it out of the hippy VW MicroDopeHeadBus or El Camino . . . .

Lots of cool ways you could go with this one.

Comment

reading isn't one of your strong suits, is it? read the next line, in the first post, the one under the headline.

However, by way of explanation for the rest - Scott mentioned he wanted a sportsroof.... so it got posted as a hat tip to him.

Comment

Top Eleven reasons Chevy drivers prefer to "flick their Bics"

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                          Go for it - looks cool, screw the lighter buy a BIC.
                          11. Too hard to light the meth cook pot with an OEM ciggy-boo-boo lighter.

10. Hard to push in the OEM lighter without spillin' that "Forty."

9. Burned fingers too many times trying to light roaches with the OEM lighter.

8. Can't use an OEM lighter to "hold a candle" during "Freebird."

7. Cassette "boom box" perpetually plugged into the lighter port.

6. Belief that by not using either the OEM lighter or the ashtray, they'll be able sell it later as a "non-smoker's car." (after all the wild fires die down)

5. Open flames are just more exciting around portable medical oxygen bottles and nose tubes.

4. Couldn't read the owner's manual.

3. Heated electric coils in OEM lighters are too "high tech."

2. Burned chest too many times by mistakenly returning a hot OEM lighter into a pocket instead of the power port.

1. No "LS," "3" or "8" cigarette lighters for sale down at the "Toot-n-Totum."

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            reading isn't one of your strong suits, is it? read the next line, in the first post, the one under the headline.

However, by way of explanation for the rest - Scott mentioned he wanted a sportsroof.... so it got posted as a hat tip to him.
                            "I want a long roof - but look what popped up in my neck of the woods"

Must be some peculiar Buick version of the English language wherein "long roof" doesn't mean "station wagon."

BTW, kids, here's what a "SportsRoof" really looked like:

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Here's one of the gems that comes up when you Google the phrase "long roof vista cruiser" . . . .

A mind wielding a welding torch is a terrible thing to waste . . . .
                              Last edited by 38P; December 2, 2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X