Chaining the Motor Down.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    The only problem with a cable vs a chain, is that it doesn't have any mounting holes built in....a chain has one every inch or so.
    See, you're thinking single-wide redneck, I'm talking double-wide
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

maybe I should move into the doublewide next door, the previous tenant was evicted, and the new landlord cleaned up the place
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

ive used chain or steel turnbuckles. a motorplate would really complicate things for me far more than i need. both of my cars are big block mopar a-bodies.
        my buddy picked up a beater 80s camaro cheap years ago. it was "built" a few years before and the water pump broke and sent the fan through the rad. the guy parked it for a few years. he didnt really know a whole lot but it had a set of cragar ss/ts a cowl hood and they ditched the efi for a carb. he had the left over parts to fix it from a firebird i was helping him put a 383 in. we decided to take the beater camaro to the track, since it ran ok on the street. looking at it the engine seemed to move a lot when you whacked the throttle, one day i put a turnbuckle on it, and it slowed down! it got a tiny bit of wheel spin before, when i put the turnbuckle on, traction was non existent. it was pretty funny. i did some digging and it had a jasper reman 350, turbo 350, mega shifter, headers flowmaster cat back, no cat y pipe, performer rpm intake i forget what carb and he got it for like 5 or 600 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          That's what I was talking about Beags - nylock nut (or weld it so it won't rattle loose) couple big washers, done - and you can't see it.

Recent car craft had a cool comet straight axle car with an interesting take on this - he used a bar off one side of the engine with a stabilizer bar bushing set up to limit rotation while keeping it "soft"
          Ah, yeah, I'm slow, didn't see your response.

I've heard of guys running one solid and one rubber mount and that kind of made sense, in a double wide way of thinking... ?
          Last edited by Beagle; December 7, 2011, 06:28 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
          X