Re-Gifting: A Social Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Gifting: A Social Experiment

Sue Unit is involved with a program, never mind what it is. But each year, about the exact day of the year that it is today, she gets a package. Whhoomp. On the front porch. Kind of like Jelly of the Month Club, but this is gift wrap. A nice package. Bows, tape, wrap, tissue, all you need to wrap presents with. I mean, it really is nice and all laid out in a box, it sure is nice. If you like or want gift wrap. All you need to wrap a bunch of presents.

Gift wrap. Last year, I took the gift wrap package to the company Christmas party, where we were playing Dirty Christmas. Take turns picking presents, and if it's your turn you can steal a present already opened, or pick one from the pile.

The gift wrap package was the turd of the show. A zonk. Oh great, gift wrap! (Nahhhhght).

So, the package came again today. I'll not take it to the company party again, it was such a loser. After all, it was a re-gift. Superman and Mrs. Superman came home and I scampered over there - Would you like some gift wrap?

They looked at me like....well, the way they should look at a totally insane and disfunctional neighbor.

Mrs. Superman opened the box, suspect of the whole thing, this may be a bomb...and declared it to be really nice. With thanks, they took it into their possession.

Good riddance on our part, maybe they can use it. At least somebody will.

Re-gifting. Stories?
    Last edited by pdub; December 6, 2011, 04:36 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

A super huge pair of granny panties gets passed around our family every year ...

It started out the 1st Christmas after my wife and I got married. We were at the store and saw this large by huge pair of dingy white panties, I think they were new .... did I mention that they were huge? We laughed and I threw them in the cart. With a grin, I told her that they would be great for my bro that has a thing for younger women that are hawt and like to flaunt it (at the time he was dating a stripper). We conspired to sneak them under the tree at mom and dad's house .... to him from Santa. Long story short, those things have been going around every year since, and we all still get a chuckle .... that was 25 years ago!

Wonder if I get them this year????
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

These are so hilarious!

Our News department has a party with the cut-throat gift exchange and every year whoever got the "ugliest clock in the world" regifts that thing.

Last year for our Car buddies Christmas Party I took a Shop Vac it was only $25 so the price was right, that got fought over as much as the booze!

Bamf if you get the panties ...pictures or it didn't happen!
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

my name is SBG and I regift

I actually bring posits to parties so that I can note who I got the gift from so that I can make sure it travels into someone else's circle.... of course, the only time I messed up - a bottle of wine - wasn't so bad because it was several years later and I had to remind the original giver that I don't drink.... so maybe it did work out okay too
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

When I was a kid my mom and my aunt took turns giving each other the same pink electric skillet for years....

Then my brother gave me a horrible little cast resin squirrell one year, I gave it back in a couple. He re-gifted it next year. It keeps going back and forth. I have it boxed up out in the garage waiting to spring it on him in a few years once he's forgotten about it.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Two years ago i fly to Texas to see my best girl. I only met her on Thanksgiving so this is still kind of a big deal. Couple hours later her ex sister inlaw stops by....nice lady. A little bit later her ex comes by to pick her kid. No big....Except he comes in with presents for his sister, his son , and, haha, his ex...the reason im there. Sister present good....son presents good...now you all can be the judge of the present given to my reason for going to texas....Plastic martini glasses that say Happy Birthday Girl on them.....I imediately think REGIFT!!!!
            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Yup - we do it all the time, I don't see the same in it.

Dave - I hope to meet this girl someday - sounds like a heck of a good reason to go to Texas!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
              X