• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trains

18 speeds...........550 hp

Check out the Mammoet Companies rig

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Wouldn't belived it if I hadn't seen it. Bet it woild be a bear to pass on those roads.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'ts been about 25 years, but when I saw a few road trains in South Australia, there was very little traffic. as in I'd see a car going the other way every hour or two.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Parallel parking would be a bitch
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I think they only go one direction
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

i was on my way home tonight and spotted 2 18 wheels sitting on the side of the road toting fiberglass tank containers 1 per truck, had to be the biggest tanks ive ever seen, wish i could of got a pic of them, tanks had to be 100,000 gallons each and the trailers they were pieced together of 3 different trailers for oversized hauling
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

sounds like you would have needed a WIDE lens.
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                sounds like you would have needed a WIDE lens.
                full fish eye.. costly lens but so bitch'n

Comment

The only thing that makes those possible are no mountains to climb. Get it up to speed and set the cruise for 500 miles, like driving across west Texas.
                  Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Our parent company in Australia runs them too -
                    Keltrans Express (Mainfreight) immaculate Western Star B-Triple racks up the afternoon sunshine after arriving into Adelaide from Perth.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

not many places to do that in america.

I spotted some doubles crossing over from new york, appear to be 96 or 106 feet in trailers. Some things must have changed.. The trailers used to be little ups lengthed if doubled.or mix and match..

The I-6 and any terrain change at all..pffft. Then when it is big enoug..the vibration is enough to brain dementia.

the road trains are not as powerful as it appears. I'd rather stay on flat dirt too.

a 90hp subaru in 4 lo can tug a stuck rig to get off the ice.

I get so sick of the sight and falsity when it comes to portraying power. For local to do double triple, even in new england hills, 10% whatever... they'd need to keep a 3408 and stronger stuff in the drivetrain. As of now, nothing exists unless it is some crawling military/custom monster.

I see the word "road train" and go on a rant. The six past 500 hp is an asshole. In fact, my dad is going back to 475..I have been in the 550, the 500, one turned way up to insane..the six is not worth it. Lo and behold a gas car goes there too when playing these power gains.
                      when real pull needs to happen, twist it goodbye..crazy as a wankel.
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 8, 2011, 06:59 AM.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X