bench race this, junkyard sbc on big spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    The SS MC had probably the best of the early carb'd 305 junk and it pounded out what, a screaming 180? I think the 307 Olds made more. The heads on the early 305 were the worst I've ever seen out of GM. I think they cracked when being driven off the delivery truck. I wouldn't invest in a set of head gaskets to even bolt them up. I'd spork myself in the eye first.

the L69 in a 83 Z28 was 185 hp and ran 15 flat , which was 2 tenths quicker than the 83 mustang gt

Comment

On race gas I think it would not be much of a chore to go 10.70

if he is at 3200 lbs its going to take less than 600 hp to do it.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

i have an easier time believing it from a turbo.
        what could a street car camaro wiegh? its got glass windows, frame connectors and at least a bar, maybe a cage. ill be a skeptic until i see it run, people spend good money to go fast.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
          On race gas I think it would not be much of a chore to go 10.70

if he is at 3200 lbs its going to take less than 600 hp to do it.
          There's where my skepticism comes from. So he's claiming that his motor, mostly stock but for a cam, is pushing 280 hp? out of a 305? yeah right that wonder with a cam might be 200 hp, maybe....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

A 350 with Vortec heads would have a better chance than a 305 with stock heads leaking fluid and compression out of every cracked chamber.

I'll spring for a set of valve cover gaskets for it - I want a picture of the casting numbers on the heads and the time slip witnessed.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
              the L69 in a 83 Z28 was 185 hp and ran 15 flat , which was 2 tenths quicker than the 83 mustang gt
              Are you definitining WEAK v. SUCK? yawn... not numbers I would brag about, I'm pretty sure my 16 year old 150,000 mile full size truck would walk either of them. You can find any number you want. Here's the ones I found:

In a showdown of 1983 models, Car and Driver reported 0-60-mph times of 8.1 seconds for the GT against 8.6 for a fuel-injected V-8 Camaro with automatic transmission, and a comparatively sluggish 10.6 seconds for a carbureted V-8 Trans Am with four-speed.

yaaaaawwwnnnnnn. It's gonna take more than a 300 hit to go 10 anything with that mill. Turbo, maybe... 25 pounds of boost once or twice. lol.
              Last edited by Beagle; December 11, 2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Stock can mean many things to many people check how fast the 305s go in Stock Eliminator with "Stock Parts"

Comment

http://www.castheads.com/acid_porting.php , not that anyone would cheat or lie.Pffft. Blueprint perfect parts and $$$ machining - yeah, point taken. Junk stock worn out 305 with a cam? Suuuuure. lol. It's cool, he's driving it. It's better than talking about something like I know what I'm doing and then not driving it cuz it never got finished. (cough)

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    It's better than talking about something like I know what I'm doing and then not driving it cuz it never got finished. (cough)
                    LOL
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I should clear that up - I'm only talking about me. Anyone else who feels like I'm talking about them can fess up their own sins.

Comment

I have a 350 crank cut down that goes in a 283 block, well 2 cranks really. LOL in case they want to see that I was not running it.

Comment

Working...
                        X