Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al-Anabi and L. Dixon part ways

WHOA

Alan Johnson Racing and driver Larry Dixon have agreed to a mutual separation, it was announced today. Alan Johnson Racing manages the two-car Top Fuel operation of the Al-Anabi Racing Team. Dixon joined the Al-Anabi Racing team when it was founded in 2009. He finished second, first and fourth in his three seasons at Al-Anabi Racing winning 19 races. He is a three-time NHRA
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Will be interesting to see who they plug into the seats. Then again, you or I would be championship contenders with Alan Johnson turning the go fast bolts.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

if you read the yellow bullet forums, things aren't looking great for the whole Al Anabi operation? or am I missing something (likely!)?
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Does Al-Anabi even carry any sponsor? At all?

Someone please clue me in. That much $$$ can't be thrown around for the love-of-the-game...
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I think the shiek is getting bored with it.....seems to me I heard the operation is going to fold this year.
          Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 12, 2011, 08:28 PM.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

They have already made a statement prior this this that they will be fielding 2 top fuel cars in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
              Does Al-Anabi even carry any sponsor? At all?

Someone please clue me in. That much $$$ can't be thrown around for the love-of-the-game...
              He is the prince of Qatar. The money pit is virtually bottomless. His family operates the country, so as far as a shortage of cash that ain't a problem. There are lots of cars out there now that aren't flying the Al-Anabi colors that still receive some support.

Unproved rumors currently are:

He is tired of drag racing.
              He has drug problems
              His father is pissed about the money and wants to pull the plug
              He wants to race F1
              He is concentrating on getting Qatar ready for the world cup bid that they won to hose the world cup in like 10 years

There's probably about 10 more that people like to spout off without one shred of evidence.

Comment

If that's true, it's very good news. I'd like to see more top fuelers in the running.....
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                  if you read the yellow bullet forums, things aren't looking great for the whole Al Anabi operation? or am I missing something (likely!)?
                  The YB concerns mostly center around the ADRL which the shiek owns and up until 2012 paid for the whole series out of his own pocket. Rumors have the ADRL now charging admission and stuff to offset the cost of the series. I can absolutely see him or his family getting tired of footing the bill for an entire racing series, "just because". Owning a few race teams is one thing. Owning a race series where you literally pay the purse out of your pocket is insane.
                  Last edited by Brian Lohnes; December 12, 2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

speaking of ADRL - has anyone heard if theres going to be an ArabianDRL event ?
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

No schedule published for the Doha track. Hmmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                        The YB concerns mostly center around the ADRL which the shiek owns and up until 2012 paid for the whole series out of his own pocket. Rumors have the ADRL now charging admission and stuff to offset the cost of the series. I can absolutely see him or his family getting tired of footing the bill for an entire racing series, "just because". Owning a few race teams is one thing. Owning a race series where you literally pay the purse out of your pocket is insane.
                        Watched Cannonball Run 2 last night, the prince in that movie did kinda the same thing. Apparently it's not just in the movies.

Comment

I know the sheiks have cash out the wazoo, but I also know they are smart cookies. Smart cookies don't mind wasting money on direct fun, I.e., stuff 'THEY' are doing... but don't like wasting money on stuff that doesn't give them appropriate return on their investment, especially if they are not directly involved. (that's where they get bored with it...)

"Return on investment" can be interpreted in various ways...
                          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

He may want to go F1 racing. DAMN. It would be fun to spend a little time with his level of entitlement.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

F1, why not, drag racing didn't appear to be to challenging for him. F1 should challenge his bank account nicely
                              Originally posted by TC
                              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                              X