Man Of The Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Of The Year

#14-Tony Stewart was voted both 2011 Driver of the Year and Fourth Quarter winner, respectively, by an elite panel of broadcasters and journalists. Unlike this year's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship, decided in a tiebreaker, the voting in the Annual - as well as the fourth quarter - were landslides. Stewart was also voted Driver of the Year in 2005 after his second NASCAR Sprint Cup title. The Columbus, Ind., native put on a performance not seen before in the Chase with five wins in the season's final 10 races in the #14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 Chevy. Journalist and broadcasters, who voted in a secret ballot for a single driver, gave Stewart 15 votes, Carl Edwards, Dario Franchitti, Jason Meyers and Del Worsham all received one vote. In the quarterly voting Stewart beat Edwards and Meyers (162-73-51, respectively) getting all but one of the first place votes

Clearly he may very well be the real Driver of the Year.

But he's not a good ambassador. He's just not. Hasn't got it in him, not for a long spell at a time, at least. He clearly acts right and puts up with the pomp and appearances for a while. For a while. He's got to hate it, all the smiling and posing for photos, lying and sucking up to sponsors that way (I sure wouldn't sponsor him).

The AJ Foyt of modern racing? Yeah, I guess so. Okay, Driver of the Year. Not "Person" of the Year.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

A guy who can only turn left is Man of the Year? What's next, a President being named MOY before actually becoming president?!!!
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        A guy who can only turn left is Man of the Year? What's next, a President being named MOY before actually becoming president?!!!
        We've seen that candidates with "can't keep the wick in the pants" issues get tossed out before the primaries, but I doubt that anybody with a "Punch a Photographer" syndrome would make it far, either......
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Maybe even winning a Nobel Peace prize before doing anything.

Comment

no a guy that can drive anything, and donates his money, time and resources to help others in need..
            peewee has no clue. he's a great ambassador, as he goes out of his way to support charities and doesn't ask for any media ink for doing it..
            just like the most pop. driver does..
            these guys do more for kids in need than most of the turds here. that will arm chair that someones not a good "ambassador"..
            smoke is what we need more of.. straight shooter with no filter between brain and mouth, say what ya feel, not what the p/c croud wants to hear,see,

Comment

Stewart also kicked the shit out of a bunch of Indy car guys at a karting event in Indianapolis last week. He's not just a left handy kinda dude.

I think the guy is the stuff as a race car driver.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                Stewart also kicked the shit out of a bunch of Indy car guys at a karting event in Indianapolis last week. He's not just a left handy kinda dude.

I think the guy is the stuff as a race car driver.
                umm... if he could beat a few blog writers, then he'd be okay

(alright, to be clear - all the above that I've said is with tongue firmly planted in cheek).
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I could drive circles around him! (as he slowly walked across a parking lot).

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Tony can drive any damn thing he can fit his butt into and win he is Focused and driven.
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Tony Stewart is the closest thing we've had to A.J. Foyt since A.J. Foyt! I also loved the part about the "Nobel Peace Prize" how true, how true!
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

^^^^ Word
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I can understand "driver of the year" but "MAN of the year?"

Who cares how good of a race car driver he is. Racing doesn't contribute shit to the betterment of mankind, these NASCAR folks take their places in the world far too seriously IMO. I mean, I'm sure he's a nice guy but he gets paid millions to drive a damned car. Is he solving world hunger or something I missed?
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post

Who cares how good of a race car driver he is. Racing doesn't contribute shit to the betterment of mankind, these NASCAR folks take their places in the world far too seriously IMO. I mean, I'm sure he's a nice guy but he gets paid millions to drive a damned car. Is he solving world hunger or something I missed?
                            yes you missed it, his charity work helps kids, deathly sick kids..

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post

Well you have to remember that award was by a panel of Sportscasters and Journalists so it was going to be someone out of the world of Sports. How about Time Magazine, they named the Protesters as "Man of the Year" so will somebody help me figure that one out? That shouldn't come as a surprise though, the same Magazine considered naming Osama Bin Laden Man of the year back in 2001.
                              sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Working...
                              X