No announcement yet.

Man Of The Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do I tell bcbs to send the bills..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
      bcbs is a health insurance company. You shouldn't get any bills from them, FYI, they just tell you what they did and didn't pay from the actual health care providers - doctor's offices, etc. Just a heads up on how it actually works, FYI.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

yes I know.. but it list the balance owed to everyone.. and I figured it make it easy for you to send them the cash..
        the bills come almost daily.. I still get a bill from the town of attleboro for the ambulance ride..

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
          For an attorney you sure don't read very carefully. I simply pointed out that, without knowing the percentage he donates compared to what he earns, then for us to hail him as "The Greatest Man Ever to have Lived" MIGHT be a stretch. If he gives $1MM every six months to charity, but he earns $300 million a year, then his .3% contribution to charity isn't really that impressive. In short, I simply pointed out that without this point of reference, we don't know how truly awesome he is.

Um, yeah, I don't do EFI for a living. I don't even charge MONEY for the work I do, save for just a few customers that demand I do work for them on weekdays. MY day job is quite a different occupation from EFI tuning. And since when does somebody's "day job" relate to the story above? Tony Stewart's "day job" is a heluva lot less "benevolent" than my own - he drives race cars. So your point here is totally non sequitur.

And perhaps having the first clue what you're talking about (me and my job), and at least trying to make a shred of sense when you call my job "non benevolent" compared to a race car driver... well, I'm not quite sure how else to respond other than "that makes zero sense"
          nice, personal attack followed by an avoidance of answering the question... Who cares what percentage he donates, that's between him and God... and Lord knows, you're not God. You know, if you don't understand the point - that entertainers provide a service - you simply have to ask. However, according to you, if a person races cars; he has no right to make any money at it.

Which brings me to one of those puzzling questions I'd had - that you perfectly answered.

I always wondered how in the world your ego could survive in the same room as some of the people you work with as their egos fill all available space.... now I completely understand - they're not stupid, they'll take free advice. Ever wonder what they say about you behind your back? Kind of sad, really, you have amazing ability and knowledge that does nothing to make the world a better place. (so, how does that look for judgment? pretty good IMO)

And the question is still to you, what do you donate to make the world a better place?
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 14, 2011, 04:27 PM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            nice, personal attack followed by an avoidance of answering the question... Who cares what percentage he donates, that's between him and God... and Lord knows, you're not God. You know, if you don't understand the point - that entertainers provide a service - you simply have to ask. However, according to you, if a person races cars; he has no right to make any money at it.
            That wasn't a personal attack, it was a legitimate observation. I expect an attorney to be able to read something for comprehension, and you missed that entirely. If I make a flub post, I get a whole trainload of people calling me out for it. It's the internet - try to deal with it. Also, nowhere did I claim what you're saying: that racecar drivers shouldn't get paid. Nor do I have a problem with Entertainers - Michael Jackson gave a HUGE percentage of his income to charity, his whole life. I simply made a point that is very valid: if he gives .003% of his income to charity, then it's not exactly "Man of The Year" material (although it's been clarified that he's actually DRIVER of the year now, so my complaint is not that important).

I always wondered how in the world your ego could survive in the same room as some of the people you work with as their egos fill all available space.... now I completely understand - they're not stupid, they'll take free advice. Ever wonder what they say about you behind your back? Kind of sad, really, you have amazing ability and knowledge that does nothing to make the world a better place. (so, how does that look for judgment? pretty good IMO)
            You ALWAYS wondered about me? Always as in Forever? thank you! I appreciate the concern. Anyways, that whole paragraph was a "personal attack" right after you called me out for doing the same thing (even though I was being serious). If I were you I'd worry less what people say behind my back than what they think of you right now. I'll leave it at that, enough has been said!

And the question is still to you, what do you donate to make the world a better place?
            Did you not just scold me an explain this is between a man and God? I help the Jaycees deliver holiday meals to the less fortunate, I helped them hook up with a local trucking company and now they get roughly 5x as many meals out as they did a few years ago. I'd like to donate MORE of my time, for sure, but that's what it is. I also "volunteer" to help with some of the local streetracers who are low buck efforts... i get them up and running on EFI and cheap turbos so they can have fun too.

As for your Ego comments, sure. I have a big ego. It's tough to fit in the room with top engine builders who also have big egos. Whatever dude.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

oh Lord , it's hard to be humble

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post

You ALWAYS wondered about me? Always as in Forever? thank you! I appreciate the concern. Anyways, that whole paragraph was a "personal attack" right after you called me out for doing the same thing (even though I was being serious). If I were you I'd worry less what people say behind my back than what they think of you right now. I'll leave it at that, enough has been said!

Did you not just scold me an explain this is between a man and God? I help the Jaycees deliver holiday meals to the less fortunate, I helped them hook up with a local trucking company and now they get roughly 5x as many meals out as they did a few years ago. I'd like to donate MORE of my time, for sure, but that's what it is. I also "volunteer" to help with some of the local streetracers who are low buck efforts... i get them up and running on EFI and cheap turbos so they can have fun too.
                "Always wonder" in the same manner that I always like to see trainwrecks. In my job, I get to see motivations and what does or does not work. Thus, I'll put it another way, I always wonder why some people, despite being impossible to like, actually have people who want them around.

So now you're going to flip on your opinion and say it's okay that he's nominated as his donation is between himself and God - and not subject to your judgment.. nice to know you've staked a claim on one position.

As for your volunteerism - you convinced someone else to do work to help the needy.... oh my, maybe we can convince the powers-that-be at NASCAR to remove Tony Stewart and replace him with you.... wow, you're an example to us all. So go ahead and tell us - we need to know, was that one phone call? two phone calls and a follow up visit to get the trucking company to help?
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 14, 2011, 06:24 PM.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

looks like the bully can't get off fighting/belittle'n t/c or me, he's moved on.. sorry sbg..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    Always wonder as in, I always like to see trainwrecks.

So now you're going to flip on your opinion and say it's okay that he's nominated as his donation is between himself and God - and not subject to your judgment.. nice to know you've staked a claim on one position.

As for your volunteerism - you convinced someone else to do work to help the needy.... oh my, maybe we can convince the powers-that-be at NASCAR to remove Tony Stewart and replace him with you.... wow, you're an example to us all. So go ahead and tell us - we need to know, was that one phone call? two phone calls and a follow up visit to get the trucking company to help?
                    (1) nowhere above did I flip my opinion
                    (2) it's stupid to complain about personal attacks and then turn around and make personal attacks. Especially considering my "attack" was pointing out that you cant' read for comprehension. That's not an attack, that's fact.

Sorry you're all butthurt to the point you're saying anything you can to get under my skin - but, it's just not going to work. I deal with guys like Stich on here every day - you don't have a chance :-)

Comment

Well done to Tony Stewart, a fellow who I suspect has no more (or less) virtues or vices than any of us.
                      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                        send' em to Whitey Bulger!

Comment

he's locked up.. and money seized, won't help, plus i like living

Comment

whitey had a license to kill lol

Comment

It's my personal lifetime goal to be Dad of the Year some year. Next year is looking better than this one. I contributed to keeping a volunteer puppydog/horse Newfoundland dumb fat and happy, though. He likes me; maybe it's the Gravy Train, hell I don't know. I was gonna adopt the horses, but I guess some redneck either fixed their fence or needed to eat. They don't come see me any more.

Driver of the Year is a great accomplishment, and to be real honest, I kind of like a-holes. I even kinda like those Busch clowns for doing what they do to keep things from getting too much like a corporate board meeting. I doubt they will keep a ride, because they are complete a-holes, but you know... SBG has got a point. They are entertaining. There's value in that.

Vince (Ecniv) and crew had a great perspective on all this seriuosness. I'm trying to see if I can find the Porcubimmer build. Pricks on the inside. HAHAHAHA. What a great build. THAT had entertainment value.
                              Last edited by Beagle; December 15, 2011, 07:22 AM.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Wow, that was... I need a samich...

Comment

Working...
                                X