No announcement yet.

WHat's Freiburger up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freiburger's build times on cars always seem to be procrastinated into all nighters leading up to the day it's supposed to be done. Then goes past that deadline. The Bee going to Vegas, the Buick revival which they missed mother's day, during CJTV The Crusher Camaro supposedly going to CHRR (Poor Chad was there at 3 am with an oil geyser.. DF's famous pic of him sleeping in the aisle at the parts store.), F Bomb cruising to Famoso and racing. All have been great story telling, but also all failed in some way. At this point, I'm beginning to think he does it on purpose for the drama, which would mean he's more Hollywood than he'll admit. Or, .....um..... what's that word for someone who keeps doing the same thing expecting a different outcome?
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
      isnt that 55 chevy that was in larsons class on drag week in colorado springs ?
      oh now that's just cold... really funny.... but cold
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Freiburger's build times on cars always seem to be procrastinated into all nighters leading up to the day it's supposed to be done. Then goes past that deadline. The Bee going to Vegas, the Buick revival which they missed mother's day, during CJTV The Crusher Camaro supposedly going to CHRR (Poor Chad was there at 3 am with an oil geyser.. DF's famous pic of him sleeping in the aisle at the parts store.), F Bomb cruising to Famoso and racing. All have been great story telling, but also all failed in some way. At this point, I'm beginning to think he does it on purpose for the drama, which would mean he's more Hollywood than he'll admit. Or, .....um..... what's that word for someone who keeps doing the same thing expecting a different outcome?
        a Freiburger
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          I agree, that's just Freiburger's M/O, to his credit the guy can turn anything into a interesting story, I've seen it happen. Stop and think about this, how interesting would it be if it was just an uneventful trip and there were no hiccups? The guy that used to work with me on the Hot Rods was the same way, it wasn't any fun unless you pulled an all nighter and left in the wee hours just to get to the race!
          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I noticed the Hollywood when reading updates on fb during drag week. They all seemed to talk about 'busted cars lining the highways for miles'..... When we actually saw very few cars broke down. I just chalked it up to them having to do a certain amount of cheerleading.
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

LOL. You should have cruised with us.About every 50-75 miles out came the bags of ice.I was surprised the attrition rate wasnt worse this year.

Comment

We'll read about it in the front of HR soon. I love that column, but will be interested to see his take on it. Somehow I'm guessing somehow he'll turn it around to make me feel shamed to have not regularly attempted such epic adventures.
                1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                  isnt that 55 chevy that was in larsons class on drag week in colorado springs ?
                  56' and yes - COS
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

where's waldo

Comment

So what are they doing in the 'Springs? I don't do the facebook/twitter crap ..... fill me in.
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Thanks Bruab .... again, I forgot to check the front page today .....DOH!

Comment

No sweat.
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

who knew that Bamf was part of the viral marketing of this site?!!
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                                who knew that Bamf was part of the viral marketing of this site?!!

Hey, the antibiotics were supposed to get rid of that virus .....

Comment

Working...
                                X