No announcement yet.

WHat's Freiburger up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, fail X's 2 .... I'm kinda losing interest at this point. I just hope they make it home safe.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      How about no more Boring stories about what they can't do? Either that or buy them some wool panties to keep that cold air from blowing up their skirts.

You're a viscious keyboard destroyer..........LOL.

X2

Perhaps AAA is looking for a national level travel guide writer? And these are covert attempts at resume building?

Just kidding, sorta. I actually like DF's writing style, but lately he seems off his groove, like he knows it and is trying to get back in it. At least that's what I get from reading his stuff recently.

And this whole getting-with-the-cool-kids-on-faceboink isn't working at all. Really. As "antiquated" as it may seem, the printed word isn't going anywhere. Read definition of "FAD"?

The human race spent how long developing written language, and we're just going to abandon it in a couple/few years for a bunch of abbreviations and tag lines "written" in a digital blip? Right....
      Last edited by STINEY; December 19, 2011, 08:11 AM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Yup, the written word has been going downhill, ever since we changed from carved stone to papyrus
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Grog is still pissed that technology passed him over for promotion...
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
            Just kidding, sorta. I actually like DF's writing style, but lately he seems off his groove, like he knows it and is trying to get back in it. At least that's what I get from reading his stuff recently.
            I'm expecting the opening column in HR where he makes me feel guilty for not trying something as hare-brained as this debacle. Often.

I'm trying to not be too critical. It was a pretty epic road trip as far as that goes. I like his writing too (and my monthly print magazine.) I also like the facebook input. But this goes to show the risk of real time content. There's not much spinning that could be done at this point to this story.
            Last edited by 67pete300; December 19, 2011, 09:27 AM.
            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

• I can't disagree with you guys. Except Dulcich...WTF on the Finnegan rant?

You get a thick skin when you're in a public position. But this board surprises me. Among those bashing on me are guys who have asked me for parts, asked for my business, taken my money, begged to be in the magazine, hung out relentlessly, taken my beer, claimed to know me when they've barely met me, and failed on promises to me. I think Scott Clark would be the only one to have the stones to say any of this stuff in person. And, Scott, don't you have better things to do?

I hold none of it against you. Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freiburger View Post
                And, Scott, don't you have better things to do?
                My holidays are pretty empty this year. I was all geared up following your facebook posts hoping for a kickass adventure to... of all places ALASKA!! Was pretty excited about this as you are bound to run into plenty of adventure on a trip like that. My apologies for "joining the pack" and ragging on you guys, but put yourself in our shoes - the Plan B just wasn't anywhere near as awesome as the original Plan A.

Sorry David.

-Scott
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• Mr. Freiburger on Bangshift if they don't bash you it seems to mean they don't love you...so oh well...Hmmm though, they haven't bashed me yet!?! Or have they? There are those PM things...

I for one am so jealous of your road trip! I would absolutely love to take a trip like you are doing even with all the breakdowns etc...Just to try to drive to ALASKA sounds so exciting! What fun! Happy Holidays! and good luck. At least you had a plan B

Hey can you put my beater cherokee in your magazine? got a beer? and I think I know someone who met your cousin once when he was dating somebody's housekeeper's sister.....

~Gail
                  Last edited by LORENSWIFE; December 21, 2011, 11:19 AM.
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

• Then the Plan B cratered and Plan C was invoked. Did end up with some cool pics of the Raunchy though.

Better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all.

Still think you should have tow dolly'd the '55..... haha
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I can't disagree with you guys. Except Dulcich...WTF on the Finnegan rant?

You get a thick skin when you're in a public position. But this board surprises me. Among those bashing on me are guys who have asked me for parts, asked for my business, taken my money, begged to be in the magazine, hung out relentlessly, taken my beer, claimed to know me when they've barely met me, and failed on promises to me. I think Scott Clark would be the only one to have the stones to say any of this stuff in person. And, Scott, don't you have better things to do?

Sure glad none of this applies to me!!!!!.......Since this is my first post in this thread.........

Have a great day Dave, and trust me buddy, I know what you mean by thick skin with this crowd!!!.............

Comment

...Parody mocking some of the other ranting on the thread. Finnegan it's all your fault!
                        -dulcich

Comment

• Glad to see David come on here and chime in, guess he made it back to LA ok. Finnegan should be on soon to take Dulcich down....
                          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                            Finnegan should be on soon to take Dulcich down....
                            Ya since they booted Stitch, we need a good fight!!!!!!

I say lets stick them in the Octagon and film it!!!........
                            Last edited by TC; December 21, 2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• What were the specs/info on the '55? That thing looked bitchin! BOO on leaving it behind! And i actually have (according to Frieburger) the first autograph he ever signed! From Camaro Craft panama city springbreak, '98 or '99? Lol.............

Comment

I've been a fan of your writing for twenty years and this is only the second time I was let down. The other was right after you took over HRM and you tried blowing up a junkyard 350 with a measely 15% nitro. Really? 15%? I was thinking you were collared shirts and Dockers to work as well.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X