WHat's Freiburger up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHat's Freiburger up to?

something about going live video in a few minutes...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

As it turns out, snow is cold!! who knew.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

crappy reception is making the "live feed" pretty much impossible to watch.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Spidey sense tingling...I wouldn't set out for Alaska at the beginning of winter. Not unknown for folks to freeze to death in old cars that have gone off the road into winter storm drifts.

But now it's on to Colorado Springs...
        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

so they built a car that wasn't tested, provide huge hype, then turned around and headed home (to more hype).

where have I heard that story line before?
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            so they built a car that wasn't tested, provide huge hype, then turned around and headed home (to more hype).

I think they changed plans but aren't headed home yet. Something about Colorado Springs / Denver area?

They COULD benefit from a little bit more prep, but that's probably true of everything many of us do.

Comment

at least scott sulivans car broke and they still still carried on.. cheeze whiz ..

Comment

the main reason, or at least the reason they gave on there face book, for aborting the Alaska adventure was they where a day behind then ran into a snow storm that made it impossible for them to gain ground and the event would of been over before they got their

the window breaking was just a fluke. and factory block heaters in the ford diesels leak like a sieve with 10 miles on them some times.

the rear main leak was just unfortunate though
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Says on facebook they bought a car sight unseen and are flat towing it home.

They should have tagged along with Randal last week... lolz

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                    I think they changed plans but aren't headed home yet. Something about Colorado Springs / Denver area?

They COULD benefit from a little bit more prep, but that's probably true of everything many of us do.
                    To me it sounds like every single competitor that says they're going to beat Larry Larson. I love it his "secret" to winning drag week. Driving the car for the year prior to DW.

So kudos DF for being another great warning about the lack of preparation. Honestly, I thought the LL competitors had done an ample job of proving the point; but here it is again. Seriously, DF is lucky he didn't make it another 1000 miles before it went pop.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

isnt that 55 chevy that was in larsons class on drag week in colorado springs ?
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

To me it sounds like every single competitor that says they're going to beat Larry Larson. I love it his "secret" to winning drag week. Driving the car for the year prior to DW.

So kudos DF for being another great warning about the lack of preparation. Honestly, I thought the LL competitors had done an ample job of proving the point; but here it is again. Seriously, DF is lucky he didn't make it another 1000 miles before it went pop.

I know & like DF as a person so I'm not going to slaughter his planning skill here.

When I worked with Chad at Spectre, he took over the project cars and *immediately* they started getting done on time. It's a big deal to be able to plan multiple large scale projects and know what it takes to complete the stated goal.

Consider the 48-hour Camaro. WAAAAY more complicated build, and they not only finished the car on time - but they proved it was the real deal by immediately putting thousands of miles on it. Literally, they started flogging that car when the sun came up, and still haven't stopped (it was on the dyno in L.A. two weeks ago getting a buff & polish on the tune). This makes me appreciate the efforts chad and brian put into the 48 hour build even more. SOOOOO much crap can go wrong on projects like that. Lots of times, the Supercar ends up getting stuck in the garage and never heard from again because it never got the bugs worked out. Seen it hundreds of times.

Comment

I enjoy the reality aspect of these sorts of projects/adventures, but please tell me there's some sort of HRM chase vehicle involved for this winter escapade?
                          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
                            I enjoy the reality aspect of these sorts of projects/adventures, but please tell me there's some sort of HRM chase vehicle involved for this winter escapade?
                            they have a chase team.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                              Says on facebook they bought a car sight unseen and are flat towing it home.

They should have tagged along with Randal last week... lolz
                              LOL!

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                              isnt that 55 chevy that was in larsons class on drag week in colorado springs ?
                              Joe Barry ran against Larry and finished Drag Week. He also ran at the PSCA event in Vegas with Larry the weekend before Thanksgiving then proceeded to cruise the strip with with me Joe rules as much as Larry
                              Last edited by TheSilverBuick; December 14, 2011, 07:53 PM.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X