Project Anger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Anger

Do you ever get so angry or frustrated about the project you are working on that you just scrap the project and start over?

I was thinking about this last night as I was feeling the bubbling anger with the fuel injection wiring. I was like.. SO MANY STUPID WIRES!
    Was considering taking a couple hours, pulling out my fresh engine and trans. and scrapping my smog legal truck project and moving on to something that did not have to adhere to smog legislation. Pre Smog truck.. pre smog truck... was my chant inside my head as went to sleep fuming a little.

What is your best or worst "scrap the whole thing story"?
    Bakersfield, CA.

Re: Project Anger

yeah ! get an old truck !can't beat a 55 F100 in the looks department

Comment

I think we can ALL relate, here's my 1970 BMW 2002. When I spotted this thing in the Auto Trader in 1984 for $1000 I thought "Babe Magnet" ;D. It ran fairly well but wouldn't pass smog for some reason, so I couldn't get it registered, so I couldn't drive it very far. Every time I fixed something, something else would break. The last straw came after I bought a new radiator ($210), a new fan ($79, plastic), new upper and lower hoses ($110) and a new thermostat ($28). It ran a little warm and I though this would cure the problem. On the test drive after letting it warm up I decided to "Get on it" to see if my fix worked. When I grabbed second gear, the right engine mount let go, which allowed the engin to raise up just enough for my new fan to hit my new upper radiator hose and explode. The shrapnel from the fan destroyed my new radiator. I was able to make it home before all of the coolant ran out and after checking out the damage, I slammed the hood (hinged at the front) in disgust and cracked the windsheild. 2 weeks later I sold it to a co-worker for $800 .

So to recap:
      Purchase price - $1000
      Parts - $427
      TOTAL - $1427

Sold for $800.. at a $627 loss + aggravation

Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16
        Do you ever get so angry or frustrated about the project you are working on that you just scrap the project and start over?

I was thinking about this last night as I was feeling the bubbling anger with the fuel injection wiring. I was like.. SO MANY STUPID WIRES!
        Was considering taking a couple hours, pulling out my fresh engine and trans. and scrapping my smog legal truck project and moving on to something that did not have to adhere to smog legislation. Pre Smog truck.. pre smog truck... was my chant inside my head as went to sleep fuming a little.

What is your best or worst "scrap the whole thing story"?

i only do that to my own junk, i can work on a problem like on someone else's junk for days just cool as a cucumber. i don't know why, but thats how it is.

Comment

I'm glad to hear we all go through this. Last night i put my Vette, that his been laying around forever, up on jackstands so i could get to working on the brakes and everything and when i saw all the lovely rust i was having second thoughts and honestly still am lol. My problem is i have to many other toys to distract me and if i get fed up with something i leave it and move along then end up getting rid of it. I had an 84 Trans am that i LOVED beautiful car....wait here is a pic

anyhoooo that car had a fusible link go bad and it sat for quite awhile. My buddy helped me fix the link and i think we did an intake and carb swap on it and actually made it slower lol. Plus in the process it developed a rod knock. Well i pulled th einterior and planned on swapping in a TPI 305 out of a 88GTA i picked up cheap. but i was getting frustrated with all the wiring and logistics of it and let the car sit. My buddy even offered to swap in a motor for me but i ended up selling the car for $500. I still miss that car and find myself searching Ebay for one with the same color scheme. Matter of fact let me go check on that right now ;D

Comment

My Skylark off and on over the last 12 years (I can't believe it's been that long), only problem with a '77 Skylark is no one will buy one off you (I've tried a couple times) :P Now I've decided I'll probably own one until I die, and maybe I'll just have myself buried in it.......
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

When I wired my Holley ICT in first thing I did was pulled all the wires out for the junk I was not going to use, that left me like 15 still to hook up. I am color blind I know just how you feel :-\
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
              X