Trailblazer SS - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailblazer SS - opinions?

I'm thinking about a Trailblazer SS to be a temporary tow truck and follow up life as a mom buggy. I think it will have enough power with 395hp/400 tq, and 4.10's.

Anyway, do any of y'all have one and / or opinions?
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

probly would be pretty neat!!! how hi dollar is it!!
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

15,500 for an '07 with 65k miles. I think the trade is worth maybe 5. 10k loan will be about 250 a month, so it's not all that much. They seem to be a hell of trucklet for the money. There's another one for 18k, so that seems to be about what they go for. It was a 32k truck new.

My big concern is the 4l60e I think it comes with - pretty heavy vehicle and with another 6000 pounds behind it, I'm not sure about that trans. Dads S10 fragged one with a 4.3 and it never pulled a trailer.

Comment

My brother in law has a buick renier. His has the 5.3 ,,,,something like 290 horse and allwheel drive.He love it except the alwheel drive. Wishes it were 2 wheel drive like his yukon. Cannot change the piugs on the passenger side without major grief.4L60E in my 4500 lb 95 caprice wagon still chuging along with 220.000 miles
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

With that kind of HP numbers, are you sure it's not a 4L65e? It's what my 370HP truck has.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

My buddy's wife has one with the 6.0 (I think).

Not the best gas mileage, but it is a nice truck. Sporty. Not sure if this is a common gripe, but her low fuel warning comes on right about the time she runs out of gas... sometimes just after. They are heavy to push - especially right after a big Cracker Barrel breakfast.
            Last edited by yellomalibu; December 17, 2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Beags the Trailblazer SS got the 4L70E.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

My good friend has one. It sucks gas like crazy he says if he knew it was that bad he would have just gotten a Tahoe.They do about the same.

Comment

I haved a customer at work with one I put exhaust and air intake on really woke it up and it wasn't really asleep before > I have a few friends with them only problem was the air rid on the one the compressor took a dump because of a bad ride sensor . but kool ride I want one , and yess every one I have seen is a 6.0 with 4:10's front and back .

Comment

4l70e, huh, I'll have to check into that. I'm kinda behind on what GM offers. I didn't expect it to mpg too much.. 15 avg with mostly highway would be fine. I don't see any 6.0 Tahoes around here. I'm halfass looking at Escalades too, but the air ride stuff is not my thing on a tow truck. Bummer.

The two I found here are 2wd, which is what I want. I may re-group this plan and see if she'll drive a HD F150 with an Eaton. I'm thinking one family beast and one little car, and this would get me out of car payments.

Comment

9.5 inch rearend
                      every suv should run like that

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        4l70e, huh, I'll have to check into that. I'm kinda behind on what GM offers. I didn't expect it to mpg too much.. 15 avg with mostly highway would be fine. I don't see any 6.0 Tahoes around here. I'm halfass looking at Escalades too, but the air ride stuff is not my thing on a tow truck. Bummer.

The two I found here are 2wd, which is what I want. I may re-group this plan and see if she'll drive a HD F150 with an Eaton. I'm thinking one family beast and one little car, and this would get me out of car payments.
                        if you want a 6.0 , it has to be a yukon denali

Comment

Thanks Spidey, that explains it. I'll have a look. You can definitely feel the difference in them, I'd rather have the bigger plant.

Comment

the transmission is ok as long as it's stock. Any mods and it goes boom. I would have it tuned to remove all the tq management and increase tranny performance.
                            used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Youtube search purpleminivan

I would take one over a SS silvy...a saab 97x is also an idea I like.

Tune, intake and throttle body should boost your mpg.
                              Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                              X