No announcement yet.

Trailblazer SS - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I wasn't sweating the mileage... I know of a 6.0L full size truck will go 17+ with me driving it, 14 or 15 with it's owner driving it. The HD Fords are too high $$ for the miles, I don't really want a 5.3, I know I don't want a 5.4 without a blower... I should bite the bullet and let Uhaul or Ryder have a thousand bucks and finish up the work I need to do, then I can have the winter to work with the stuff I already have. The plan was to get the GF in a newer car/truck with at least 100k less miles than her's has now and no payment... and I'm trying to keep her out of a Camaro. lol.

Somebody is trying to take care of me, I just don't listen too well sometimes.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by daved931 View Post
      Trust me, someone did you a favor. You would have been buying chassis parts all day long for that car. Plus, being a Chrysler, you would have needed a transmission every 50,000 miles.
      Not sure if that's a joke or not, but I really don't see where the transmission reputation comes from. Most of the cars in my family are Chryslers, and the only one that's got a bad trans is my Charger. They've all got quite a bit over 100k on them too, except my mom's '08. Interestingly, the only transmission I've helped my dad replace was in my sister's '90-something Grand Prix. I don't remember the mileage, but I don't think it was all that high.

Maybe it's people not putting in the right fluid, because I read that'll kill them pretty quick.

Comment

The 2007 Vortec Max truck I have, 370Hp, 4-something gears, 4x4, cruises at just about 2,500rpm, I get 18 highway, around 14mpg with the to and from work and around town grind.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
          Not sure if that's a joke or not, but I really don't see where the transmission reputation comes from. Most of the cars in my family are Chryslers, and the only one that's got a bad trans is my Charger. They've all got quite a bit over 100k on them too, except my mom's '08. Interestingly, the only transmission I've helped my dad replace was in my sister's '90-something Grand Prix. I don't remember the mileage, but I don't think it was all that high.

Maybe it's people not putting in the right fluid, because I read that'll kill them pretty quick.
          Only partially a joke. I worked for a car dealership chain for about 7 years. We rebuilt a fair amount of 4L60E's, but I have never seen anything go through transmissions like Chrysler products. Particularly the minivans. Holy crap.

Comment

We don't have any minivans, so I can't really comment on that. I do wonder how many others were because of the wrong fluid though.

Comment

chryslers tears up transmissions at a good clip kid

Comment

I have a '05 Magnum. Any questions feel free to ask. I love it, gets driven daily year-round, good power, very comfortable, quiet, good MPG - pulls down 34 mpg non-highway, impressive for a #4200 car.

I also tow with it occasionally. We bought it new with 38 miles on the clock, and it is now at 69,000. Had one of the power windows go out very early, no other troubles. Had to replace tires once, and front brake pads. No other maintenance, just change oil and add gas. Is there an aftermarket for them? Barely, and mostly just for suspension, but for a daily driver it has plenty of power to be fun and get in trouble as is.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

34?! With a 5.7? I just found an SRT 6.1 and am having a time not going to look at it. I'm sure it will be thirsty.

/edit - 16,000 for a 120,000 mile car, I don't care if it was 41k new. I'll wait until their buzz wears off.
                  Last edited by Beagle; December 23, 2011, 09:27 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                  X