130 mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TC View Post
    I've run over 135mph in quite a few of the cars I've owned over the years, no roll bar needed............
    just a lawyer when you get caught?
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      The first words Keith ever said to Sue Unit when I introduced her to him were, "You could have done better."
      I'm sure Tonya hears it all the time... hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        just a lawyer when you get caught?
        Only once, was in my Dad's '76 450SEL 6.9, it was like 3 in the morning and I was on I10 going about 140mph, came up over a rise and there ended up being a cop car in front of me which I promptly came up on like he was standing still!!!!..........Cool thing was I was real cool with the officer and he only wrote the ticket for 20mph over the speed limit, but it was still like a $300 fine......

You know you sure could get away with a lot back in the day..........
        Last edited by TC; December 19, 2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

So far I've only had Red up to 110, on the interstate yesterday. It's a stretch where a cop car can't sit, no spider holes for about 3 miles. Somebody in a snob car came blowing by about 90 and got way ahead. No other cars around. What the heck? Seems safe (though stupid, yes) and that other car will get shot first by any cop, so.....

I didn't even downshift, it was a lame attempt. Mashed it in 5th gear and watched the meter go up until it got to 110 and that was about enough. I'm just not interested in getting locked up.

But really, the whole 135 thing may be a moot discussion anyhow. There's no doubt Red will do it, but I don't have data at this point that indicates that he'll do that inside of a mile. I just don't know.
          Last edited by pdub; December 19, 2011, 10:12 AM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Easy enough to figure out pdub... take it to Ohio! If it goes 135, back out.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              Easy enough to figure out pdub... take it to Ohio! If it goes 135, back out.
              There's another one of life's truths right there, it sure is. Lots of truths lately on BS, amongst all of the BS!

Comment

what kind of car is Red?
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  what kind of car is Red?
                  Stock Mustang GT. 06.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    Stock Mustang GT. 06.
                    I believe those are aerodynamically limited to 115 from the factory.
                    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
                      I believe those are aerodynamically limited to 115 from the factory.
                      Meeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I don't know about that Tony. I did have it to 110 and it had a whole lot left. A whole lot. It was just moaning in 5th gear, not even nearly screaming. A whole lot left. A lot. A whole lot.

Comment

You may want to watch this video, peewee..... remember what I said about learning to walk before you run.

Before we get started, we feel the need to repeat the standard issue warning about automotive stupidity: Do not try what's shown in this video, and if you do, make sure it's in the safe confines of a legitimate track facility.
                        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                          You may want to watch this video, peewee..... remember what I said about learning to walk before you run.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/19/w...ails-at-135-m/
                          The video plays, but it quits. Tried 8 times. Maybe my computer's messed up. Can't get to the end of the video.....

But I get what you're saying Stude, and yeah, I appreciate the honest advice. Yeah, I'm probably having too much fun with the car already. Yep, second or third childhood.

Yep. Thanks Stude. Yep.

Comment

PeWee...
                            You need to come hange out for a weekend with me....We are going to be at Beach Bend Kentucky this summer, I think it's close to your area, I'll put you and Sue Unit up on the starting line with two Top Alcohol Dragsters leaving full blast! We have a nitro car that pop's and bangs, I'll answer any questions you might have, and you can have a beer while you watch me put this thing back togather.
                            It will probably run a 5.40 at 250+, but I'll introduce you to anyone you want to meet......you might get a kik out f that.
                            Originally posted by TC
                            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                              PeWee...
                              You need to come hange out for a weekend with me....We are going to be at Beach Bend Kentucky this summer, I think it's close to your area, I'll put you and Sue Unit up on the starting line with two Top Alcohol Dragsters leaving full blast! We have a nitro car that pop's and bangs, I'll answer any questions you might have, and you can have a beer while you watch me put this thing back togather.
                              It will probably run a 5.40 at 250+, but I'll introduce you to anyone you want to meet......you might get a kik out f that.
                              What a great offer A/! But we have a Dawg. Amazingly enough, the Dawg is the travel problem....but if I came alone...hmmmmmm

Comment

Just do it!
                                I have kids, a wife, jobs....whats a dog! Bring it if you want...
                                We will sit on a hot summer night drinking beer, making friends. Just doing what we do.....
                                Originally posted by TC
                                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                                X