130 mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    I do. Any friend of Matt's is a friend of mine. Have a blast.
    Thanks Ed. Yeah, Matt's a way very okay dude. He made all of it happen for me, by taking the risk and calling me out, unseen. From that, it's not just a computer screen, there are people, great people here I've met in person. The human factor.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      That's a huge risk, blind. I don't know who else here will vouch for me. Let's see who does....
      I will vouch for you. You can sing for them as well, well maybe after a few beers.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
        I will vouch for you. You can sing for them as well, well maybe after a few beers.
        Them or me (after a few beers)?

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
          http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y63...t=DSCI0054.mp4
          Here is a video of us at Indy....Number #6 run....pretty good for us low buck underdogs.
          You guys will get a kick out of this!
          That's just frickin' awesome.

Matt's talked a lot about working the start line at Maxton, and he's said over and over how the really fast cars.....when you're standing there at the start line...he said it's amazing how the really fast ones "get little quick" from that perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
            The fastest you can go with a street car is 135. Anything faster gets you a conference with the man Keith Turk.I dont know why they picked 135 mph as the cutoff.
            as classic 15 inch tread/wheels go...that is safe number. Else, I can't think of a real reason either.

for your mustang pewee and 130..it is every day.
            130 and a goal would be like for someone in my shoes playing with 1781cc and AWD, some little project gone silly.
            or a working tractor trailer for the street...I know they exist.
            those would be an eye opner, unique...a time at the track worth taking.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
              as classic 15 inch tread/wheels go...that is safe number. Else, I can't think of a real reason either.

for your mustang pewee and 130..it is every day.
              130 and a goal would be like for someone in my shoes playing with 1781cc and AWD, some little project gone silly.
              or a working tractor trailer for the street...I know they exist.
              those would be an eye opner, unique...a time at the track worth taking.
              Barry I love you Man, just like all the other BangShift Brothers, but I sure do wish I knew what that post just meant.

Comment

pdub, you need a translator ring. Drink your ovaltine and send in the boxtops like the rest of us did.

Red will run 130 every day easily. I don't think he's trying to undermine your efforts, but he thinks there are much loftier goals:

A 1781 cc Boxer in a Subaru is another story. Barry has (or will have) gone completely silly and is going to make his Subi do 130, which would be a real trick.

A Freightliner, Pete, Mac, KW, etc, or maybe even a 10 wheel'd Volvo going 130 in a mile... it could happen. There may already be trucks out there that can do it. He'd go to the track to see that for sure.

hope it helps.
                Last edited by Beagle; December 21, 2011, 05:11 AM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                  You may want to watch this video, peewee..... remember what I said about learning to walk before you run.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/19/w...ails-at-135-m/
                  My Crown Vic puked its drive shaft at 89 mph. It goes without saying, give your car a good once over before running it hard. If you don't feel comfortable inspecting it, get a buddy to give you some help.

All I learned was that driveline resonance is real and it is not to be ignored, lol. My driveline resonance was due to design flaw common to all the Panther platform cars with the extended tail shaft in the transmission.

Ya'll might call me a p*ssy for saying this, but I'll probably be running drive shaft loops in my future project cars regardless of how fast they go, haha. The drive shaft will keep-a-knockin', but he can't come in.

Good luck PeeDub. We all wanna see ya go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren N. View Post
                    My Crown Vic puked its drive shaft at 89 mph. It goes without saying, give your car a good once over before running it hard. If you don't feel comfortable inspecting it, get a buddy to give you some help.

All I learned was that driveline resonance is real and it is not to be ignored, lol. My driveline resonance was due to design flaw common to all the Panther platform cars with the extended tail shaft in the transmission.

Ya'll might call me a p*ssy for saying this, but I'll probably be running drive shaft loops in my future project cars regardless of how fast they go, haha. The drive shaft will keep-a-knockin', but he can't come in.

Good luck PeeDub. We all wanna see ya go fast!

NOPE! Not a p#$$! .... just smart!
                    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      pdub, you need a translator ring. Drink your ovaltine and send in the boxtops like the rest of us did.

Red will run 130 every day easily. I don't think he's trying to undermine your efforts, but he thinks there are much loftier goals:

A 1781 cc Boxer in a Subaru is another story. Barry has (or will have) gone completely silly and is going to make his Subi do 130, which would be a real trick.

A Freightliner, Pete, Mac, KW, etc, or maybe even a 10 wheel'd Volvo going 130 in a mile... it could happen. There may already be trucks out there that can do it. He'd go to the track to see that for sure.

hope it helps.
                      Wow that's impressive!
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X