My Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Anniversary

As I slowly came to this morning ME reminded me that today is my Ninth Anniversary. At 8:00 AM nine years ago I was changing the channel on the TV and all of a sudden my chest felt like it was in a huge vise and was being squeezed with great force. ME came home shortly afterward and called 911 and I was off to The University of Michigan ER, which we could see if we looked sideways off our front porch. They saved me.

The stents were in in under 2 hours from the original pain but I had already lost the left outside wall of my heart. But no complaints - I'm still here and live a darn good life. Many people love me and I can do pretty much whatever I want - but with some restrictions. It's a good life.

So I bring up this anniversary to remind y'all to take care of yourselves and remember to pass the love around. It's a GREAT life!

Dan

Happy Anniversary Dan.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Happy Anniversary Dan - good hospital there in A squared - My Dad had a quadruple bypass there in the early 70's before the procedure was very common. When he died his Doc said that was the strongest thing left after the cancer got him.
      Peace and Merry Christmas -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

No damage mine was 10/29/03. Thats funny it was9 years ago for me too.
        Happy aniversary.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone View Post
          No damage mine was 10/29/03. Thats funny it was9 years ago for me too.
          Happy aniversary.

Nick
          And to you, Nick! Did it improve your life like mine did? Sure rearranges your perspective, no?

Dan

Comment

Happy Anniversary! My life would not be as full without you for friends!

Monday of this week one of my favorite bosses came in, we are the first ones here usually, as he passed my desk he complained of Gas. Normally he would never speak to me of something like gas, so I did a double take. When he passed back by I asked him in general how he felt and how he felt over the weekend...he put his hand to the middle of his chest and said his chest and left arm had hurt "a little" for about 3 days. I started yelling (with my inside voice) to go to the hopsital! We will get a taxi! You have two kids in college and an amazing wife who I love! Reminded him of a co-worker who had gone to LA a few years back and dropped in the office. He said oh I'm fine and went to his office, I waited about 30 seconds then followed him in there reminding him that nothing NOTHING is as important as life! No sales calls, no returning emails! NOTHING. If he did not get up and go I was going to call his wife and believe me we don't want that...He was still in his room when the VP came in and I went in there to talk to him with my worried face, he said CJ was leaving and meeting his wife at the hospital. Later that day we heard he had been rushed into surgery and now has one of those stents, but is home now and doing fine. I am sure this will be a huge wake-up call for him as he is a bit indulgent with the food and wine, and I know this kind of stuff changes your life forever...But I am glad that he is still with us.

So glad that Medicine today is able to do the things they do!

Love you all
            ~Gail
            Last edited by LORENSWIFE; December 21, 2011, 01:51 PM.
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Gail - You're a good friend - but I knew that instinctively. I don't know if he's thanked you yet but I'll bet he will as will his bride. You done good, as we say here in the Southland. Sometimes you just dial 911 regardless of the willingness of the patient!

I hope we can get your way as I'd love to meet you and Loren. I'm pretty darn sure you're our kind of people.

Dan

Comment

Happy anniversary Dandy Dan.This year makes 32 years for me,Hang in there.
                Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

You just keep having those anniversary's Dan and we'll keep celebrating them with you!
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

ERs are no fun unless you have a worried doc hovering over you while racing you to surgery.

I know that I, for one, am glad you're still around with us.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Gail - You're a good friend - but I knew that instinctively. I don't know if he's thanked you yet but I'll bet he will as will his bride. You done good, as we say here in the Southland. Sometimes you just dial 911 regardless of the willingness of the patient!

I hope we can get your way as I'd love to meet you and Loren. I'm pretty darn sure you're our kind of people.

Dan
                      Well that would be great to have a visit, anytime! Can ME climb up on a table and dance? Theres a local pub I kinda like...
                      Last edited by LORENSWIFE; December 21, 2011, 05:04 PM.
                      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I'm not sure about dancing on the tables but I hear she plays a mean fiddle.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                          I'm not sure about dancing on the tables but I hear she plays a mean fiddle.
                          It's not a fiddle. It's a "violin." Carbon fiber at that, to hear Lohnes write it.

Congrats on being with us Dan! I'm so glad to have met you, what an honor and a pleasure, and hope to do it again many more times. I think we will (meet again).
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                            It's not a fiddle. It's a "violin." Carbon fiber at that, to hear Lohnes write it.

Congrats on being with us Dan! I'm so glad to have met you, what an honor and a pleasure, and hope to do it again many more times. I think we will (meet again).
                            Any place that allows dancin' on the tables probably calls them fiddles - not violins Brother.
                            But - whatever blows your tablecloth up. Hopefully it's red checkered and not linen too.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                              Any place that allows dancin' on the tables probably calls them fiddles - not violins Brother.
                              But - whatever blows your tablecloth up. Hopefully it's red checkered and not linen too.

Sorry Man, That came off wrong. There's something more sophisticated about a "violin" than a "fiddle," as least as far as words go. Just words and terms. But it really is the same instrument. It depends I guess upon what you do with it. I sure as heck wouldn't know what to do with it! Heck to me the checkered tablecloth is "Sunday dressings."
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X