X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan, I am a better man for knowing you, glad you are still here,
    I hope you hang around for a long time.

Comment

Congrats Dan!!!!!! and just keep up what your doing and enjoy life to the fullest.....Here's to many more anniversaries!!!!!!!

Comment

Happy anniversary, glad to have you around!
        I'm still learning

Comment

Dan......only know you through the forum here but damn glad
          you're here.

Congrats!
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thanks to all for the good wishes! And I'm glad to still be here, too. Every day is a freebie.

Interesting thing when a 50's year old man is rolled into an ER with the paramedics screaming "HEART!". Everything else stops. That poor SOB over there with his arm cut off - he can wait. Triage and into the stent lab NOW (I think that's what "stat" means but I haven't met anyone in the medical profession who can tell me the origin of "stat"). Once in the stent lab the other patients can resume bleeding.

Gail - ME would likely enjoy a visit to that tavern (if it's smoke free). But she would not be the one on the table. She's a lady in the finest sense of the word - not prissy but somewhat reserved and VERY kind. She also tucks into bed at 9:00 or 10:00 at the latest so I don't know how that fits with their schedule (of course we'd be several times zones out of sequence so who know what our diurnal patterns would be). I like her a lot and I think you would, too.

A fiddle and a violin are essentially the same although a fiddle bridge may be a bit flatter to facilitate easier playing of two strings at once. Some players like the flatter bridge and some don't. As far as carbon fiber - she has one of those (her travel violin), an AMAZING wood instrument made in the 1780's, a "better" Chinese viola, and a whole flock of others, mostly in smaller sizes for the students. Also a mandolin, a couple of guitars (rarely played these days), a decent quality xylophone (called a "bell set" as it's set up like a piano keyboard), and the Baby Grand Taylor piano - all tools of the trade. She deserves good tools just like I do. This doesn't include my Bass or my two drum sets (Electronic and acoustic) and various amps, a PA, and such. Music is a Big Deal around here.

Dan

Comment

Happy anniversary Dan. Glad you're still with us.
              Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Dan
                It's great to have met you both electronically - and the old fashioned way.

Meeting folks with thankful, positive, peaceful demeanors like yours is infrequent these days - we're all better for knowing ya.

Here's to many more anniversaries - and many more meetings at ECTA events in Ohio!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  Dan

Meeting folks with thankful, positive, peaceful demeanors like yours is infrequent these days - we're all better for knowing ya.

Here's to many more anniversaries - and many more meetings at ECTA events in Ohio!
                  Absolutely. Good words for a totally great guy. YES. Ding! So perfectly said.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Good advice and glad that the alternative didn't happen.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                      Dan

Folks - John is one of the guys I'm SO happy to be able to call my friend - he's a good one, as are pretty much all the rest of you. The others - well, you'll have to decide who you are! Just teasin', of course. But John and I have been able to spend some actual time together and it's been happy hours for me.

BTW - John, - ME and I are planning more hours in MI this summer. She has a friend who also teaches violin and she'll take ME's students for the summer so we can travel more and not be in such a rush as we've been the past few years. So one of my goals is for us to hang out a bit and maybe actually get me over to see the shop and Baby Lee before he's driving!

I hope we can make it to see many of y'all in the summers to come.

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; December 22, 2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X