Here's Real Gem of Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Real Gem of Advice

It's a real good story about a 100-year-old bartender. He's still going, and driving himself to work, and his speech is,

For example: What's Ray's strategy for living to 100?

“My secret,” he told us, “is waking up every day.”

Last edited by pdub; December 21, 2011, 06:40 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

a smile in return keeps him awake.

imagine being witness to a driver of rigs for just the past 30 years.
    as if to be ageless. Not thought about much..that is about a third of internal combustion and cars history.

mind boggling. imagine describing each and every mile with a sentence..and there is more than 3.5 million of them...

a simple life is a long one.
    the abyss of a face gone speechless..it has a long time in the unknown to unravel.
    There is a godly people..exceeding all others, age has nothing to do with a long life.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

That's humongus Barry, that's huge. I'm not sure about a really "long" life, time-wise.

My mom's still "alive," way over 80, but she doesn't know who she is, doesn't know who anybody else is, either. She keeps trying to introduce my sister to her husband, every day (she lives with them). They think it's cute, entertaining.

No, there's a time when...no. No. But nobody can choose how long to live naturally, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

imagine being witness to a driver of rigs for just the past 30 years.
        as if to be ageless. Not thought about much..that is about a third of internal combustion and cars history.

mind boggling. imagine describing each and every mile with a sentence..and there is more than 3.5 million of them...

the abyss of a face gone speechless..it has a long time in the unknown to unravel.
        There is a godly people..exceeding all others, age has nothing to do with a long life.

I love the stuff you say
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
          I love the stuff you say
          Doesn't it just make you wonder though if he's using a smartphone with autocorrect to post?
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I gotta say Barry is a little too esoteric for me but he's interesting, for sure! Or maybe I'm a bit too "slow" to get much of what he says.

As far as Ray the Bartender goes - I say "Right On, Dude!" I don't feel the need to work to stay young and in fact I wonder how I ever had the time to spend 10 hours/day there (I worked 4-10's most of my work life). But it's clearly working for Ray and I'm just disappointed I missed out on the $19.11 special. Sounds yummy!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              I gotta say Barry is a little too esoteric for me but he's interesting, for sure! Or maybe I'm a bit too "slow" to get much of what he says.

As far as Ray the Bartender goes - I say "Right On, Dude!" I don't feel the need to work to stay young and in fact I wonder how I ever had the time to spend 10 hours/day there (I worked 4-10's most of my work life). But it's clearly working for Ray and I'm just disappointed I missed out on the $19.11 special. Sounds yummy!

Dan
              When Beagle whips out the decoder ring, it's an awesome thing. Language delivered to the masses.

Comment

At my grandmother's 100th birthday party (she is 106 now and still going strong) my oldest cousin, Jeff, asked her what was the key to living a long life?

Without hesitating, my grandmother quipped, "Not dying."

Yep. It was as simple as that.

Ron
                Last edited by Ron Ward; December 22, 2011, 01:01 PM.
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                  At my grandmother's 100th birthday party (she is 106 now and still going strong) my oldest cousin, Jeff, asked her what was the key to living a long life?

Without hesitating, my grandmother quipped, "Not dying."

Yep. It was as simple as that.

Ron
                  Yep. Hey Ron, at her 100th birthday party, did they let her lean?

WHEN I'M 100, IF I LEAN A LITTLE ... LET ME!

The family wheeled Grandma out on the lawn, in her wheelchair, where the
                  activities for her 100th birthday were taking place. Grandma couldn't
                  speak very well, but she would write notes when she needed to
                  communicate.

After a short time out on the lawn, Grandma started leaning off to the
                  right, so some family members grabbed her, straightened her up, and
                  stuffed pillows on her right.

A short time later, she started leaning off to her left, so again the
                  family grabbed her and stuffed pillows on her left.

Soon she started leaning forward, so the family members again grabbed
                  her, then tied a pillowcase around her waist to hold her up.

A nephew who arrived late came up to Grandma and said, "Hi, Grandma,
                  you're looking good! How are they treating you?"

Grandma took out her little notepad and slowly wrote a note to the
                  nephew... "They won't let me fart."

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                    Doesn't it just make you wonder though if he's using a smartphone with autocorrect to post?
                    That just now soaked in. That's every bit how slow I am. Gosh a mighty, that's funny as hell!

Comment

Working...
                    X